Electoral Politics Are A Terrible Prism For Natural Disasters

es no katz.

45 Likes

When they said that Franklin Graham would be there, I knew Dump would do nothing, then take credit for aid coming from Samaritan’s Purse.

34 Likes

I want to hear the phrase “power-hungry hate machine” come out of Walz’s mouth tonight, but he’s too nice to do it.

25 Likes

If the sick fuck REALLY wants to help, he needs to get the hell out of the way and let the first responders do their job.

Who am I kidding? It’s all about HIM.

32 Likes

Victims of propaganda and constant lying, yes. Some are dumb. Ingrates as a consequence.

9 Likes

Not only claiming credit when it’s not due, but denying responsibility when things go bad.

33 Likes

Of course Trump’s #1 Pulpit Pimp Franky Graham Cracker would be there to get in on the tax-exempt grifting!

13 Likes

Oh, he’s not that good.

22 Likes

Which ends the way that always has to end, because that’s the only way to end it that they ever listen to…before eventually forgetting their lesson and having to be taught all over again. Seems we’re reaching that part of the cycle again. Sigh…

12 Likes

Hoping the Harris/Walz campaign hammers Vance with a zinger of an ad before the debate tonight that scores a point even before the debate begins. Trusting them to choose from among the various, numerous obnoxious Vance quotes on offer.

Then Walz should use his own variation of the Harris structure: A statement to rebut a lie. Then his position on the question. Closing with a comment to bait Vance into losing it. Won’t work as well with Vance, but should get the job done.

11 Likes

Yeah, we all anticipated yet another real estate grab.

14 Likes

Did you see the clip where press checked Trump’s lie that Biden wouldn’t take Gov. Kemp’s phone calls, he said that was a lie.

37 Likes

His campaign set up a go fund me site for hurricane victims. Who knows how much will go to the actual victims. Seems like another grift to me. Rather than have his fans contribute to reputable charities s/a World Central Kitchen, he sets up a go fund me.

35 Likes

That in itself is a major accomplishment, herding cats and having them focus. Just about perfect. You’re not a amateur are you?

8 Likes

I get seriously annoyed when donnie uses the word “nobody”. His assumption is “nobody” thought a hurricane could happen. Truth is HE never thought it could happen. Shift blame elsewhere is what that sick fuck does. That people would vote for him is an indictment of them and their inability to see trump is plainly a felon who currently out on parole. He belongs in prison, not the White House.

45 Likes

If the moderators of tonight’s debate do nothing but ask questions and scrupulously cut the mic at the two minute mark for each question, ignoring all pleading for more time, then the more disciplined and coherent, honest and serious candidate will be apparent.

13 Likes

This is called tough love. The hurricanes are just looking for attention and we can extinguish their anti-social behaviors by ignoring them

6 Likes

35 Likes

Team Unicorn…the gift that keeps on giving…

Mark Joseph Stern

‪@mjsdc.bsky.social‬

Follow

Judge McFadden, a Trump appointee, rules that Biden violated the National Environmental Policy Act when it canceled construction of the border wall and ended Trump’s Remain In Mexico policy. He holds that the presence of migrants damages the environment. storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.us…

September 30, 2024 at 7:28 PM

Abject fucking nonsense.

58 Likes

In the late 70’s my Republican engineer dad who generally liked Carter installed solar panels for the hot water heater system on our suburban home and took the Carter era tax credit. They are quite efficient to the point where you can run both showers and dishwasher with a reserve of hot water. He has been a fan of solar ever since and even had them upgraded a few years ago.
Other family members rib him about claiming that Ronnie taking them down from the White House. For some reason (talk radio, Fox News?) he still thinks that Ronnie had them taken down to install missiles to protect the White House.

25 Likes