Electoral Politics Are A Terrible Prism For Natural Disasters

Jimmy Carter History:
Something I know a little about, being a rabid Allman Brothers Band fan. In 1975, Carter needed to make $$$ to get through the primaries and he’d by then become friends with Macon-based Capricorn Records president, Phil Walden. The Brothers and Capricorn arranged for at least one benefit concert to raise money for him. Carter was friends with them, Dylan, and others by then. There’s a great documentary called “Jimmy Carter: Rock and Roll President” that goes into more detail about this meeting of unlikely allies in the New South.

67 Likes

Getting smarter at it though; at least he didn’t show up with pizzas from two different shops.

34 Likes

No you can’t change a leopard’s spots, but you can connect the dots. :wink:

28 Likes

Hurricane Donald spews lies and chaos in the wake of Hurricane Helene.

34 Likes

I’m still not convinced that he’s worse than any of his colleagues in any measurable way.

Just different.

107 Likes

The helicopters were not fit for low level flying in the dessert. It wasn’t spec ops, just a lack of understanding, at the time, of the effects dust would have on the engines.

28 Likes

A hair-raising summary of religious nuts besieging the Supreme Court with demands to abolish the establishment clause of the First Amendment. For authoritarian goons, “free exercise” means license to impose their superstitions on others by coercion.

43 Likes

JV Dunce is arrogant, disingenuous, contemptuous and off-putting. He will radiate all of those “qualities” (for lack of a better word) right through the screen.

Tim Walz just needs to be himself tonight, the distinction will be self-evident. I am sure they have coached the coach very well and he’ll bring home the win.

58 Likes

Always claiming credit where it’s not due.

29 Likes

And what is this admission about the military’s accommodation of racist language?

There should be a hearing.

37 Likes

But of course.

14 Likes

Absolutely. Grow up — you can either be a 7th grade boy or you can be a responsible adult. The latter respect other people.

16 Likes

He couldn’t find enough paper towels to fling.

24 Likes

Timothy Burke

‪@bubbaprog.ilovecitr.us‬

This website describes “Lebanon as a flourishing Jewish homeland” and which already lists properties for sale to Israelis: “The announcements make it clear to residents that they are in the Land of Israel, which belongs to the Jewish people, and that they are required to evacuate immediately.”

uritsafon.com
עורי צפון – התנועה להתיישבות בדרום לבנון ע"ש ישראל סוקול הי"דכלי נגישותהגדל טקסטהקטן טקסטגווני אפורניגודיות גבוההניגודיות הפוכהרקע בהירהדגשת קישוריםפונט קריאאיפוס

October 1, 2024 at 10:19 AM

8 Likes

Reading Rep Connolly’s bio he has shown himself to be a good egg.

16 Likes

I am stealing “JV Dunce”.

23 Likes

Christie was pilloried for it. Mercilessly, as I recall.

17 Likes

Happy Birthday Jimmy Carter.

98 Likes

He may have even taken advice from his debate teaching wife!

32 Likes

I wish this stuff would get wider play, but you know what they say about lies traveling while the truth is putting on its pants …

51 Likes