Election Workers Falsely Accused As Part Of Big Lie Sue Gateway Pundit | Talking Points Memo

You can take the pigs out of the sty…

10 Likes

But that is not a news organization - it is a propaganda machine. Its purpose is to incite, not inform or illuminate

6 Likes

And/or belongs in one.

and they like their incumbents in that state.

That’s for sure. After all, back in the day, they were happy to keep voting for both Chuck G and Tom Harkin.

5 Likes

Well, yeah, that’s usually where I would prefer to get advice about how legal stuff works. For cars, I go to a mechanic, for medical stuff I go to a doctor, and for Christ I go to a priest.

4 Likes

Absolutely. It’s a universal “tell.”

3 Likes

I suppose that’s something that Ted might say, but I suspect the actual problem would be that Fauci has a much better reputation outside of wingnuttia than Ted does, so Ted didn’t really damage him. Fauci works in the White House, so that’s a pretty good indication his reputation hasn’t actually been damaged.

What’s more troubling is the lack of accountability for slander that leads supporters to make threats against someone. Since the mighty wurlitzer is made up of too many sources flinging accusations to pin down threats on specific comments, at the very least I’d say that the onus should be on public officials to explicitly denounce threats and violence after their target has been threatened. Perhaps after the unicorn arrives.

2 Likes

He becomes Alexa, the Crying Wench?

Let’s hope these ladies give the publication a Hulk Hogan v Gawker level of penalty.

3 Likes

12 Likes

McCarthy’s blaming of Biden for not getting control of covid is laughable, if it wasn’t so lethal. As a constituent here in Kern county, I note that the positivity rate of 10% is about four times higher than the level at which most countries in Western Europe pull out all the stops. Moreover, it is standard practice to sequence every positive result. In Kern county, this newfangled genomic sequencing shit is newsworthy. Golly gee whiz! Them scientists is purty smart.

https://www.bakersfield.com/ap/national/how-san-francisco-confirmed-the-first-us-omicron-case-so-quickly/article_7b4c5989-53be-5b79-a0d3-01633506d6ec.html

14 Likes

I agree. John Fetterman is a smart dude and has charisma - he is also likely facing a carpetbagger from out of state in the General - Dr. Oz or the rich dude from CT. I think Tim Ryan is also a really good candidate and may have a shot in OH if the GOP primary turns into a bloodbath as expected.

Finally, we have this decorated veteran in Missouri, Lucas Kunce, who has a lot of charisma, and, like John Fetterman, is not intimidated by the asshole Trumpistas. MO is tough state for Dems right now but Gov. “Hee-Haw” Parsons is looking dumber by the day and may piss off enough voters in KC and St. Louis to put Kunce in the US Senate.

BTW, the best leader in MO as of today is Dr. Sam Page the St. Louis Co. Executive and a physician. He has single-handedly saved hundreds of Missourians in the greater St. Louis area by managing the pandemic, all the while being hassled by our idiot AG Schmidt for encouraging basic public health measures like vaccination, mask-wearing and social distancing. Page has the best pandemic statistics in the state.

13 Likes

And their other brother
Jack Hoft

6 Likes

Here’s an in depth review of the Hofts.

Would it surprise anyone that the Hoft family were from Dodge City IA? Their Congressman was Steve King.

13 Likes

Grassley is a doddering old fool who should have to take a test to determine his legal capacity. He would fail.

5 Likes

Tens of millions of visits. Sure. And how many from people who live in Russia, China, Great Britain, etc. ?

2 Likes

The problem that I am seeing is that Wingnuttia covers a much wider area that I thought, the attacks on Dr. Fauci have greatly damaged his credibility in “Middle America” , however there seems that there is nothing Cruz has lied his head off in multiple occasions and has been caught and exposed and that doesn’t seem to damage his standing. I am about to give up on America, it has turned into a place where sanctimonious bullshit artist has the most credibility. I guess is part of the programming in churches since early age.

4 Likes

Nothing but corn and stupid for hundreds of miles.

2 Likes

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Elements

To prove prima facie defamation, a plaintiff must show four things: 1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/defamation

3 Likes

I love that those who buy the War On Christmas hysteria send nasty Christmas cards to people they don’t like. So Christian of them.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available