Election Workers Falsely Accused As Part Of Big Lie Sue Gateway Pundit | Talking Points Memo

In the year since the Trump campaign and the conspiracy theory website The Gateway Pundit cast Wandrea Moss and her mother Ruby Freeman as key players in a false narrative of election fraud, Moss hasn’t been able to sleep much. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1396831

owner Jim Hoft, and Jim’s twin brother and fellow Gateway Pundit writer Joe Hoft.

Is that Daryl and Daryl?

14 Likes

How do you calculate damages for a campaign of harrassment?

27 Likes

You don’t really have to. It’s defamation per se and they’re private figures, so the jury can presume damages and award whatever it wants.

ETA: Disclaimer that I don’t know Missouri defamation law in particular. In general, though, that’s how it works.

45 Likes

“Defendants’ wrongful conduct is so outrageous in character and so extreme in degree that it is beyond all possible bounds of decency and is to be regarded as atrocious and utterly intolerable in a civilized community” – standard operating procedure for Trump & Trumpista Republicans.

26 Likes

There isn’t any sum of money that can make up for the abuse these good women have suffered but ten million plus dollars would be a nice beginning.

49 Likes

“The Stupidest Man On The Internet” is about to become “The Poorest Man On The Internet”.

27 Likes

The harassers remind me of the phrase “basket of deplorables.” Former Sen. Judiciary Cmtte. Chair, Chuck Grassley says he wouldn’t be very smart if he didn’t welcome the endorsement of the chief harasser in this story. Chuck Grassley is a dotard.

19 Likes

Gateway Pundit is apparently a gateway into right wing madness, and now, a vessel into bankruptcy. Not a lawyer, but I don’t see how they have a defense for their actions.

19 Likes

They’ll turn it into yet another deplorable cause celeb.

4 Likes

OT: Wow, Missouri. You’d rather condemn your citizens to sickness and possible death than renounce your ideology. That’s not governing any way you look at it.

42 Likes

Spending real money to be ethically bankrupt.

12 Likes

OT-

I’m 99% sure I remember my kid making this exact face while filling a diaper.

24 Likes

Related to that image…

Apparently Goober senators want people to die …there is no other way to understand their attitude.
It’s either vaccine mandates or Santa. Or both.
19 Likes

Aside from the obvious failure in both ethics and public health, there’s the fact that this has never been a useful maneuver for their party. It’s back-fired every time and yet they keep running headlong into the bug zapper with zeal.

12 Likes

bombarded with … unwanted pizza deliveries

Don’t pizzas have to be paid for before they’ll deliver 'em?

And what kind of pizzas?

4 Likes

yet I am told the Goobers will win in 2022 enough to fuck up the House at least and likely the Senate as well. That is assuming a lotta GOP voters aren’t dead or deathly ill from covid.

6 Likes

The current vote suppression and gerrymandering efforts may give them the House (unless they do something stupid to enrage and inspire non-fundamentalist women across the country), but they have more incumbent seats up in 2022 than the Ds IIRC, so that may get the Ds over the line.

11 Likes

They will probably argue that they were only reporting what was said by the “president” of the United States. And if you cannot trust him . . . .well. . . .

But the these guys sound like really dumb shitheads.

4 Likes

I would like to see Dr Fauci slap Ted Cruz with a defamation suit for his insulting screed blaming Dr Fauci for personally abusing beagles in a lab. Fauci is the Head of NIAID and hasn’t got time to be in a lab.I would love to see Cruz in deep legal trouble.

25 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available