Don’t Let Aileen Cannon’s Sleight Of Hand Fool You

I just need to credit the photographer that risked their life to make this image: Robert F. Sargent

36 Likes

Marge the right wing troll doll. They even got the toes right! @thunderclapnewman

20 Likes

More accurately stated, Speaker Mike Johnson has appointed two trump moles to the House Intel Committee.

72 Likes

If you want to hate a group of people without fear of consequences try hating Palestinians. You can blacklist them, discriminate against them, even call for their extermination without the least push back.

9 Likes

You could include atheists in that statement.

8 Likes

My dad was somewhere in the south Pacific getting ready to haul Marines to land at Peleliu in September 1944. (He was an Electrician’s Mate on an LCI.) I miss him, too. My brother accompanied him on an honor flight to DC to see the World War 2 Memorial. He said that Dad stood at the Peleliu marker with tears in his eyes for quite a while, and told my brother, “That was my battle.” I’ve read quite a bit about that battle. I don’t like to think about what he saw there. He was 19 at the time.

The Greatest Generation, indeed. Whenever I go to DC now I have two mandatory stops: the Lincoln Memorial and the Peleliu marker at the World War 2 Memorial.

45 Likes

even in the 60s.black men who co-habited with white women…were usually lynched or bombed,the women were run out of town

8 Likes

With continuous practice, the cult is getting really good at the double-backflip pretzel twist that allows them to say trump is the patriot and Biden is the traitor. They live in Bizarro world.

11 Likes

Mr. Trump needs a female VP but he doesn’t really want a female VP. Women exist only to serve him (as attractive props or to provide ego and sexual gratification). Plus, none of the female contenders really met his ‘central casting’ visual standard: especially poor Rep Stefanik, who has probably sold her soul for nothing in return. Gov. Noem was probably the closest, but other posters have commented on what happened to her.

15 Likes

Googled “neanderthal woman blonde hair blue eyes” and this was a search result. Not the top hit, but before reaching the first “more results” button.

12 Likes

We, instead were meeting (well, Roosevelt met) at the Yalta Conference, along with Churchill, Stalin, and Molotov. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

https://www.rawstory.com/byron-donalds-2668463262/

In rebuttal, Donalds released his own video he said gave greater context. Except it also included more references to Jim Crow.

“During Jim Crow, the Black family was together,” he said. “During Jim Crow, more Black people were not just conservative — Black people have always been conservative-minded — but more Black people voted conservatively. And then H.E.W., Lyndon Johnson — you go down that road, and now we are where we are.”

H.E.W. references the former U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare , which actually was first implemented under Republican President Dwight Eisenhower . It existed through Democratic President Johnson’s administration in the 1960s.

His extended video and explanation doesn’t help his case.

27 Likes

And the next time Weasel Johnson needs to be saved from his own caucus, tell him to screw himself.

27 Likes

Gerda Taro, one of the most unsung war photographers:

31 Likes

my brother, Canadian Army, was also in ITALY, at that time. another brother was in Europe…Poland…it was so bad,the Germans even used horses…my brother told us of hearing wounded horses screaming…

19 Likes

But don’t call them sheeple!

It’s shocking how absent critical thinking skills are among MAGA. It’s tribalism with no obvious benefits either. I chalk it up to really really hating gays and minorities but also that they just like being on a team.

9 Likes

Welcome to today’s issue of

Turkeys in favor of Thanksgiving

23 Likes

Fun Fact: Dr. “Feelgood” Ronnie Jackson has a great slieght-of-hand on his website, which touts his service as a member of the White House Medical Unit.

The website:
“In December 2019, after 25 years of distinguished service to his country, Dr. Jackson retired from the United States Navy as a Rear Admiral.”

The truth:
The Navy demoted Jackson in July 2022 following a damaging Pentagon inspector general’s report that substantiated allegations about his inappropriate behavior as a White House physician.

37 Likes

I was going to say something similar…MAGAt Mike didn’t do this of his own volition. He was instructed to do it.

28 Likes

The Germans used horse-drawn wagons all through the war.

11 Likes