Don’t Let Aileen Cannon’s Sleight Of Hand Fool You

You mean Republicans?

As for the most milquetoast, I’ll go with the most subtly irritating one: Cotton. Vance is such a horrific person the annoyance arrives immediately.

13 Likes

It’s been said that someone who only knows one language doesn’t know language.

Gemeinschaft vs. gesellschaft is a very useful distinction. Gemeinschaft is (more or less) a community, a collection of people with socio-cultural bond. Gesellschaft is (again, more or less) a company, a collection of people in a voluntary association.

14 Likes

“The percentage of Republicans who say a convicted felon should not be president has plummeted from 58 percent in April to 23 percent now. So … there ya go.”

When this question is asked of Republicans on October 31st that 23% will be .05 percent.

9 Likes

Just waiting for Republicans to reply that Rubio is from the State of Florida and Trump is from the State Prison in New York.

9 Likes

Nice image, but it needs to be monochrome (my opinion, of course) to hearken back to 1944 more strongly.

4 Likes

Trump and Rubio would merely have to challenge it at SCOTUS, whereupon they’d let Rubio serve as VP, and they’d rule on it sometime in early 2029, after their term was completed.

6 Likes

This morning CSPAN (sometimes I like to listen to the crazies on my long drive to work) had a guy on who wrote a book about D-Day. One of the callers said he didn’t like D-Day because “all the Nazis in Germany and the Nazis here in the U.S. wanted was to keep their country from being controlled by Jews.”

He had more to say but did not get the opportunity.

37 Likes

Neither was my dad. He was in the Pacific Theater fighting the Japanese. He was detailed to San Francisco in July 1944 after being a Grumman Avenger pilot on 110 carrier missions. He got married to my mom in September of '44.

35 Likes

Or been fighting by his side.

24 Likes

RE: Bannon. Yes, he should be taken into custody months ago – and yet:

A federal judge is set to hear arguments Thursday morning over whether former Donald Trump political adviser and right-wing podcaster Stephen K. Bannon should report to prison immediately to begin serving a four-month term for contempt of Congress after an appeals court upheld his conviction in May.

And yet, I woke up this morning with a very happy thought:

Twelve pretty ordinary citizens recently served on a somewhat ordinary criminal fraud trial in NYC, except for the fact that it was a NY State Criminal Felony trial of a former person who had somehow gotten to reside in the US White House for four years. In spite of this abhorrent failure of our justice and election system to stop it.

But twelve pretty extraordinary people found this person guilty. But what astounded me was the incredible, happy realization that it wasn’t just a finding of guilty. It was 34 charges – GUILTY. By every single juror representing the common person – into a collective “jury of his peers,” voting a loud and clear verdict of GUILTY. Four Hundred and Eight times.

What an anthem for this despicable president and his time in power. Not just a Convicted Felon, but a toady and humanly disgusting, hateful man being told, by each of 12 ordinary people, that on every single charge in this trial, made by the Prosecution, they found he was guilty. And these twelve, quite ordinary people did their job, went home, and didn’t create chaos. But every day, many times a day, the Defendant left the courtroom, steaming and chaos-making; and harrassing and, sadly, earning ten counts of contempt for breaking of the “gag-order,” to boot.

Extraordinary thought to wake up to in the morning, and I’m just another ordinary person living out their day.

50 Likes

Nope.They would have allied with him.

16 Likes

If Trump were President during WWII he would have gathered all the arms manufacturers together for a meeting:
“You know, if all you guys get together and give me a billion dollars I bet you’d get a lot of contracts to build ships and tanks and troop carriers…just sayin’…”

17 Likes

“Mrs Alito told us the upside-down flag was an international sign of distress. We asked what was distressing her, and she said, ‘Our house is sinking.’”

14 Likes

And we have another excellent comment, one that made me smile. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

The spittin’ image.

16 Likes

No, we know him as the right-wing crackpot who was briefly the White House Physician. He didn’t ‘turn’ into a right-wing crackpot when he retired frmo the Navy in disgrace, he already was one.

35 Likes

My dad was working at the Charleston SC Navy Yard when an announcement came over the base loudspeakers that D-Day had commenced. Dad said those were the loudest cheers he ever heard. The commander of the British ship Dad was working on gave him a bottle of HP steak sauce as a thank-you for doing the specialized welding needed to get the ship back on track.

30 Likes

And yet, it’s the libz who insist Palestinians shouldn’t be mass slaughtered and their homes carpet bombed who are the “antisemites” these days.

12 Likes

So, leave.

4 Likes

We look forward to what you might post.

16 Likes