DOJ Tries To Sidestep MAGA Judge With Quick Appeal, Enraging Trump - TPM – Talking Points Memo

I have never really figured out why Cannon is involved in the criminal case in the first place. The Federal Rules make provision for return of personal property. What harm does it do to follow the Rules of Criminal procedure?

5 Likes

She’s going after a criminal politician, Trump. You. That’s her job.

5 Likes

Can Trump articulate any real risk of loss or harm that might result from following the same rules as everybody else?

11 Likes

They can read. But the new-fashioned way is to simply assert things you wish were true. It’s a bit of an innovation to do it in a legal proceeding and they haven’t worked out all the bugs, but in general you just say stuff. No relationship to what we older folks call reality at all.

33 Likes

He can barely articulate sentences made up of one syllable words.

@mattinpa

It’s also called throwing things at the wall, in this case words, and seeing what sticks. It’s TFG’s MO and sometimes it works for him but we don’t expect coherence any longer.

10 Likes

OT legal news: The Onion files an actual amicus brief. It is very good.

24 Likes

Does “first-degree ego bruise” count?

5 Likes

Be afraid, he used the word “must”. I’ll raise you a must and see your hereby.

5 Likes

Enraging Trump

Mr. Furious costume

5 Likes

The harm is that the complete illegitimacy of the judiciary, caused by Mitch McConnell the day Rump took office and there was no Justice Garland, is cemented a little further with each minute that waste of carbon roams free.

4 Likes

Tu stultus es. You are dumb.

I won’t soon forget this.

10 Likes

Pastrami on rye with spicy brown mustard for me. Yum.

8 Likes

When he gets to the point he cites her race and gender that’s when I’ll be afraid.

@riverstreet

2 Likes

Garland’s revenge? Is it served cold?

5 Likes

Oh, my. That’s just horrible. We have a right to know all the details here.

2 Likes

Wow!

Mr. I Paid Out $32 Million To Shut An Accuser Up tells His Ass-Holeyness to flee to Honduras!

"So, if I were Trump, I’d, you know, be down in Honduras or something and take a couple of weeks," O’Reilly added. "Get out of the cycle!"

16 Likes

JFC.

Just indict the fucker in the D.C. courts already and be done with this Florida/Canon circus.

You have the fucker dead-to-rights on stealing national security documents.

GET THE FUCK ON WITH IT!!!

23 Likes

Clearer tfg: 'How DARE “national security” be used as a justification for my Constitutionally-Ordained delaying tactics! How dare they!'

Perhaps he ought to sue…

9 Likes

That’s Hummusurous

6 Likes

It might imply that he’s subject to “the same rules as everybody else”. Which would be devastating to his whole schtick.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available