DOJ Tries To Sidestep MAGA Judge With Quick Appeal, Enraging Trump - TPM – Talking Points Memo

“Finally, the extraordinary circumstances herein presented — an investigation of the 45th President by the administration of his political rival — would countenance against any rush to judgment. Indeed, the public interest is served best by transparent and thorough consideration of all the issues,” Trump’s attorneys wrote. “The Government has not and cannot possibly articulate any real risk of loss or harm resulting from a more deliberative process.”

Okay, so whoever wrote that doesn’t know what the word “countenance” means.

ETA: I see @ralph_vonholst beat me to it … but it was an image, not text, so didn’t show up when I searched the topic for “countanance” before posting. (I wondered why it hadn’t already been remarked on…)

5 Likes

Tastier that way. Oh, and hold the ketchup.

2 Likes

Chuckles, if we as a nation wanted to “rush to judgement”, we’d drag your corpulent ass into the street and put you down like a rabid dog. So sit down and shut the fuck up, fat bastard. Let the DoJ grind you into a fine paste instead. You know it’s coming.

15 Likes

So cool.

3 Likes

It’s interesting how Trump just assumes Biden is basically directing the investigation personally, in order to damage him personally or something.

Projecting like a billion candlepower spotlight.

15 Likes

It’s Trump’s view that the President is the government. That’s certainly how he viewed himself. As such, since he’s a corrupt piece of shit, he is certain that Biden would behave just as corruptly as he (and his toady AGs) did. So basically, just projection.

12 Likes

Puppy Predator - Beagle Strangler image

But OHHHHH - even more scary …image

7 Likes

Incountenance? Uncountenance? Non-countenance? Anti-countenance?

Words are failing me.

2 Likes

“a staggering criminalization of politics”

Seems to be often spoken by criminals posing as politicians.

8 Likes

From last month

24 Likes

Seems unlikely to me. KSA is not exactly known for its operational capability in Baltic waters. Unlike (it was Russia) certain other countries.

18 Likes

Does seem to enjoy Cold Cuts…

3 Likes

Should you ever really want to use it, it’s “discountenance.”
I’ll just slip out the back now.

7 Likes

I’d much rather see them run a picture of the Florida retiree golfing, than have them dredge a picture from the White House out of the archives that reminds me once again that that unqualified, squalid, nasty, traitorous piece of shit occupied that office for four dreadful years.

9 Likes

Perhaps his confusion is understandable in this case.

Trump shot back on Monday in a bluster-filled filing, saying that the case should proceed on a normal schedule.

It sounds like he is either representing himself or making himself space at the attorney’s table. Two things are for certain: this is a dick move that only serves to delay a trial; he is an idiot for opening his stupid gob.

1 Like

Aww gee the former guy is having a sad cuz he is not getting his way.(where’d I put that tiny violin??)

In other unrelated news…

Mike Lindell is having a very bad day and may hafta sell a shitload of his crappy pillows…

26 Likes

I still would have preferred Garland on the SCOTUS (he would have replaced Scalia and saved us from some of the terribleness we’re now experiencing). Obama was far more deserving of three SCOTUS nominations than Trump.

Democrats have many strong candidates for the AG position. There are fewer who could make it past the judicial committee/Senate onslaught for the SCOTUS. Garland was well-positioned to be one of them, which is why McConnell denied him a hearing/floor vote in the first place.

16 Likes

Not to mention all the calls from folks following Sen Kennedy’s advice to call a crackhead…

2 Likes

OT: Outrageous. We know who’s responsible and they should pay an immense price.

25 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available