DOJ Tries To Sidestep MAGA Judge With Quick Appeal, Enraging Trump - TPM – Talking Points Memo

The Justice Department asked an appeals court last week to do an end run around the Florida federal judge that keeps contorting the law in favor of former President Trump.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1434348
1 Like

“The Government has not and cannot possibly articulate any real risk of loss or harm resulting from a more deliberative process.”

Considering that the Government returned Trump’s passport(s), I can think of one or three.

33 Likes

Why be enraged? It’s law enforcement…which we all support.

48 Likes

Well, none except SCIF-level national-security nuclear crown-jewels floating around unaccounted for.

But other than that

74 Likes

Hasn’t DoJ already done that impossible thing?

40 Likes

Alright, but apart from the passports, the SCIF-level national security docs, classified docs, illegally-held Presidential records, public disorder, irritation, riots, the constant grifting and public pandemic…what harm could not holding Trump accountable do to us?

60 Likes

Of course. In general we all support law enforcement. But many people aren’t as enthusiastic about enforcement of laws they happened to break.

30 Likes

It’s preposterous on its face!!

36 Likes

Go ahead, Donald. Tell us the Attorney General has a Death Wish.

28 Likes

rush to judgment

Whao, hosie, better slow this wagon ride down.

Its only been about 2 years since the Top Secret docs were removed to shoeboxes in a semi-public venue. What’s the rush?

47 Likes

“Poor Donnie. He can’t help it. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth.” (h/t to Ann Richards)

23 Likes

Slightly OT

I’m gonna cut Maggs some slack here. If nothing else, she’s providing an insight into the habits of an eccentric wannabe dictator. She’s also the best thing that’s happened to Ron DeSantis since he discovered charter airlines.

39 Likes

I’M OUT OF ORDER? YOU’RE OUT OF ORDER! :upside_down_face:

19 Likes

I’ll order a ham and Swiss on rye with mustard and hold the mayo.

11 Likes

In early 2020 TFG takes at least 109 classified documents that include human assets and is at least reckless and careless with them. The CIA then reports in late in 2021 they had lost an unusual number of human assets. Coincidence? Could also explain the money poured into family coffers (see MBS $2 billion) and other special favors.

49 Likes

OT.

Anybody have any information on who was responsible for the sabotage of the European gas pipeline?
I am thinking Saudi Arabia or the OPEC leadership is behind this terrorist act. Saudi Arabia is the global epicenter of virulent wahabbi sunni terrorism and has the necessary expertise in carrying out terrorism overseas. Also consider the timing: the terrorist sabotage to the pipeline was followed almost immediately with an OPEC production cut. It is time to destroy OPEC, which is a price fixing cartel. It is causing damage to the world economy. Additionally, the Saudis have been buying Russian oil and selling it on the world market for a riskless profit.

1 Like

I don’t know the details, but I’ve read that the pipelines targeted were deep under water, so it would require some resources (like submarines) in the Baltic Sea in order to target them. So Saudi Arabia seems an unlikely candidate in that regard.

13 Likes

That brings us up to last week, when the DOJ asked the Eleventh Circuit to do away with the special master altogether, saying in a Friday filing that Cannon’s actions threatened to seriously delay the investigation.

DOJ playing Cannon like a fiddle.

Let Cannon show herself to be a corrupt and incompetent Judge for weeks. When she overrules her own Special Master, bring it as evidence to the 11th that the Special Master was unnecessary from the start.

Well-played, AG Garland.

47 Likes

he faces an investigation from his “political opponent.”

His political opponent, more commonly known as the “rule of law”.

33 Likes

“Finally, the extraordinary circumstances herein presented — an investigation of the 45th President by the administration of his political rival

Political rival? Merrick Garland? A guy who’s never held public office? I hardly think so.

And if he’s referring to Biden, maybe he should also tell the court that this is the guy he tried very hard and very desperately to smear. A small matter that led to his impeachment. The first one. The second one was when he used violence and various other shenanigans to try to kill his presidency before it even started.

32 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available