Doctors Beg RonJohn To Stop ‘Horsing Around’ With Ivermectin Propaganda | Talking Points Memo

There’s a human-safe version from Merck. It’s used to treat scabies and other parasites. That’s what they will give him, I’m sure.

13 Likes

Ivermectin is used in anti-parasite medications for humans, for kinds of round worms, lice and scabies, as examples.
In these cases, its effectiveness and dosing is demonstrated.
The very best thing that can be said for it, at safe levels, is that it’s a placebo for covid.
h/t @KalTX

7 Likes

Whoa. That’s insane as he explains how Trump lost because 51,000 Republicans who voted for Republican assembly and US representatives didn’t vote for Trump and that’s why he lost here.

Now, he does leave open that there might have been fraud in all the other states, but here in Wisconsin? Nope, we’ve done our recount and he lost on his own.

11 Likes

Thanks for the info. But administering it outside its accepted use is still a giant red flag, I would think, for anyone in a hospital. I’m hoping that the hospital refuses, just as a matter of ethics, if nothing else. Otherwise, other judges might feel emboldened to practice medicine via edict.

9 Likes

And for the home users who have no idea what they are doing with the horse paste, they are finding “Rope Worms” in their stool.

Which aren’t worms. That’s their intestinal lining.

18 Likes

My dogs’ veterinarian just told me that the Ivermectin-for-COVID thing has been circulating through the vet community for a while now, with quite a few claiming it worked for them.
Made me think of the local ICU nurses campaigning against masking at local government meetings.
SMDH.

9 Likes

“Johnson’s tweet earlier this month that linked to a piece written by Dr. Pierre Kory, who is a supporter of using the horse dewormer to treat COVID-19.”

If only we could de-worm the US Senate of Johnson and his fellow anal parasites in the GOP…

18 Likes

Yes, and I presume someone else would have to adjudicate any malpractice claims that arise.

8 Likes

Unless I missed it no one has indicated that RonJohn’s response was “neigh”.

This really disappoints me.

9 Likes

I doubt anyone has tested drug interactions between Ivermectin and whatever else an intubated guy in the ICU is likely to be on for sedation and infection control. Seems to me this would be a good reason for a doctor or nurse to refuse participating in the judge’s order.

7 Likes

Watched most of it and it was a strong well delivered speech. He refuted all the talking heads and naysayers with real numbers on the actual costs of being there and staying there -including suicides among vets. It was Biden at his best.

11 Likes

Begging to stop pushing horse medicine doesn’t do any good when the recipient is bat shit crazy and brain dead. Someone ought to sue him for practicing medicine without a license or a brain.

8 Likes

When did judges start prescribing medicine. Ivermectin is not FDA approved for human use. Why can’t someone sue this fucking idiot for practing medicine without a license?

5 Likes

More on POTUS’ speech.

17 Likes

The wife supposedly signed a release, but that may not be enough. What if the guy has relatives who want to sue for malpractice? What about other patients who demand similar access to ivermectin? This could open a floodgate of demand.

Judges sometimes have to make medical decisions when there is a dispute, but there really is no dispute about this, currently. Not among the people who actually have medical training.

5 Likes

Johnson, and his reactionary ilk, should be looking at some consequence besides electoral misfortune.
It’s really too bad there’s not a statute to address this level of irresponsibility or malice.

4 Likes

But hoping it will somehow cure something entirely unrelated to scabies and parasites is a fool’s errand. Of course if Republicans are lining up for a deadly drug, is there really a downside to that?

9 Likes

Downside of the all-volunteer force. Not nearly enough people with skin in the game to force decisions about whether or not something is worth all the blood.

10 Likes

I do see a glimmer of light for the judge. Sometimes, in life-or-death situations, a judge may give a hospital leeway to use an experimental -but not yet approved- medicine if the patient is about to die anyways.

But that’s not what’s happening here. There is nothing ‘experimental’ about Republicans thinking horse medicine can save them.

2 Likes

OT

Gov. Tate Reeves
“The Mississippi Muppet”

12 Likes