Discussion:

Just…wow

1 Like

First thing I thought of, too. I wonder if Bill Clinton suggested the name, since he was the one who sicced Trump on the Republicans.

3 Likes

PAC money is one thing that isn’t helping Trump. He’s drowning in free media as reporters chase after him breathlessly waiting for his next Trumpism. He’s spending close to zero to get his “message” out.

6 Likes

This is a rather peculiar way to inject money into the economy to stimulate consumption, but Trump will do his dead level best to make them spend a whole lot of money. The secret nature of this effort is somewhat akin to all the participants wearing clown noses and gilley suits in formal settings. Just pathetic.

3 Likes

The rules of Grifter Secret Guerrilla Takedown are that you must let the big fish know that they are part of something big and super secret.

2 Likes

Have the voters really seen an out-of-control inevitable-consequences monster such as Trump so panic the GOP establishment that they form a PAC to stop one of their own? Is that irony not deliccccious? I don’t deny that the public were stupid beyond measure in 2000 and 2004, plus every two years since forever at the state and local level, but this really is an extraordinary situation, and I think it calls for extra heavy snark, truckloads of popcorn, and large flagons of bourbon barrel-aged stout to be properly savored, and I absolutely refuse to let my reflexive jaded disillusionment, or yours, kill this buzz!

5 Likes

That’s awesome. Maybe they were trying for Liz Phair and mucked it up.

4 Likes

Agree, but notice how the Republicans seamlessly went from defending Citizen’s United to championing Trump as a self-made man who couldn’t be bought?

After years of denying CU corrupting influence, and opposing campaign finance reform, they can now effortlessly pivot and support a billionaire and not see the irony?

8 Likes

Trump is an accomplished reality show celebrity, professional wrestler veteran and king of the soap opera queens. Nobody is going to take him down. The GOP Establishment couldn’t make Obama fail. Why do they think they could ruffle even one hair of The Donald’s combover toupee?

3 Likes

Bravo.

2 Likes

But Trump is Everyman, right? All you have to do is be born rich and you to can run for president and tell everyone else how great you are…and apparently hundreds of thousands of yahoos will believe you. It’s Everyman’s dream…if you are a conservative slob.

3 Likes

http://www.123gifs.eu/free-gifs/party/party-0006.gif

1 Like

YOU. DO. NOT. TALK."

Yes, but this is GOP palace intrigue. Gotta let everyone know how Machiavelian and scheming you are like a bunch of schoolgirl heathers trying to make that chubby girl commit suicide.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Um, this sounds more like a high stakes grift than a concerted effort. Liz Mair was the girl who was shit-canned by the Walker campaign for making, shall we say, impolitic tweets about the Iowa primary and electorate. Ironically, her style is more reminiscent of Trump than most folks, so this project is a vindication of sorts for her. But based on this description here, at least, it sounds more like a “if you build it, they will come” solicitation for establishment money than an actual concerted effort organized by establishment money. Of course, no one has gone broke of late by appealing to the greedy and vindictive instincts of ultra rich folk to get their way. Rake it in while you can, Liz.

5 Likes

I’m really not clear on what the strategy would actually be. They (establishment) need the base, they can’t afford to write them off, so they have to separate Trump from his 50% (once Carson drops out) of the base without pissing the base off. They have to make the base want to dump him. What could Trump possibly do to sour them?

4 Likes

That about covers it. Well done, my friend. I’m emailing your comment to everyone I know.

1 Like

That’s an incisive and insightful piece of work, Randy. I copied and pasted the whole thing onto my Facebook page, with proper attribution, of course, and called it “Required Reading.”

Thank you for your excellent work!

3 Likes

I agree Plucky I have watched her to and she;s also been on Maher’s show.

2 Likes

I don’t think it matters much whether he’s serious or not (though I don’t see much evidence that he isn’t serious). The more extreme and off the wall he gets, the more support he gets.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available