Discussion: WSJ: Mueller Impanels Grand Jury In Federal Russia Probe

So much WINNING!!!

1 Like

Yeah it’s been that way. You can’t get a haircut, go to the store - nuttin - you’ll miss everything. hahaha

Wait til antisachetdethe catches up! hahahaha

7 Likes

Empty wheel just tweeted that now that the DC grand jury has been reported, the WH can request grand jury info without oversight by the court.

Just how much info?

2 Likes

No Grand Jury. No Grand Jury. You’re the Grand Jury.

9 Likes

This may be a dumb question but does Mueller’s impaneling a GJ help inoculate him from being summarily dismissed?

Or should we take from this that Mueller really does have enough dirt to go to a GJ (since he already had subpoena power)?

@outsidertrading618 - sorry, didn’t see your question before asking mine. I’m curious, too - does this help protect Mueller from a possible Tantrump/Saturday Night Massacre?

2 Likes

What a whore! It takes a REALLY dumb rat to crawl over the other to jump ONTO the sinking ship.

7 Likes

I expect more than a tweet storm, I expect more ramping up of deportations and more actions against LGBT people. He has nowhere to go but to his base (which is why he loves his campaign rallies). He will get nastier - cornered rats always do.

9 Likes

I’d like to know more about that.

1 Like

I hope Air Force One is grounded during Twittler’s Final Days, hunkered near the bunkers for 3 weeks in NJ. Defection Alert Level Alpha!

2 Likes

The Vox article posted above says it makes it more politically difficult to do so. But Congress is trying to protect him, too, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Huh? I thought GJ proceedings were secret/confidential and the members of GJ’s identies are unknown. How could the WH request info. without a court?

2 Likes

Don’t know. She hasn’t elaborated.

Robert Mueller, the special counsel overseeing the federal investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, recently impaneled a grand jury as part of the probe.

Chiselin’ Trump: “Mueller’s jury might be grand, but it’s no match for the opulence of my palaces!”

I hope they take down some of those fake Christians Trump likes to surround himself with.

6 Likes

Here’s the Grand Jury issue:

(b) Objection to the Grand Jury or to a Grand Juror.

(1) Challenges. Either the government or a defendant may challenge the grand jury on the ground that it was not lawfully drawn, summoned, or selected, and may challenge an individual juror on the ground that the juror is not legally qualified.

He could object to the GJ on the above grounds. I don’t see how he wins. The GJ was properly empanelled because Mueller, even if he gets fired, would still have had that authority when it was empanelled.

Federal Rules of Procedure cover this along with lots of case law interpreting the rules and I haven’t read the case law.

7 Likes

@tena answered in CNN thread–Trump can object to way jury empaneled, but hard to see him winning. Process can go with or w/o Mueller. Personally I can’t see him firing Mueller–optics are so hopeless even he can see it.

8 Likes

You know what they say about grand juries, prosecutors and ham sandwiches.

1 Like

But Congress is heading out today for their August recess. Since they didn’t manage to pass anything, let alone with another veto-proof majority, does this allow the “mice to play”?

2 Likes

Cobb responds to GJ being impaneled -I don’t know why it is black and orange. Cobb is doing his job. Trump will not make it easy for him.

4 Likes

Let’s roll.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available