Discussion: WSJ: Mueller Impanels Grand Jury In Federal Russia Probe

5 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It’s Mueller time!

95 Likes

Well, this seems to be proceeding rather quickly. Let’s see how soon it will be before the first round of indictments are announced… then the second round, third round, etc…

50 Likes

Slowly the drama unfolds. I’d hold my breath but there’s so much to uncover it will take awhile.

28 Likes

Have a nice vacation, Donald!

47 Likes

Probably because the main players were so blatant and dismissive of the rule of law… as John Oliver put it - this really is “stupid watergate”.

48 Likes

Just as Senate is beginning work on a bipartisan bill to protect the Special Counsel. Nice one.

48 Likes
27 Likes

Shit, meet fan. Fan, shit.

70 Likes

Get ready for another tweet-storm or two or three or . . . from our whack-job “president,” as well as renewed efforts to discredit and fire Mueller.

16 Likes

Tomorrow is Friday…time for some more weekend bombshells.

25 Likes

I expected that Mueller investigation will uncover lots of misdeeds by Trump and his coterie. I did not expect that it will be moving so quickly. (Of course it is using fruits of counterintelligence investigations that started more than a year ago…)

23 Likes

What are the key points, here? I’m no expert, so I’m curious for procedural background from those with more knowledge:

1. This is a distinct grand jury, suggesting breadth of the investigation. If the scope were limited, would it have been practical/possible for Mueller to use the existing grand jury related to the Flynn investigation?

2. It happened within a few months of Mueller taking over. In an investigation, is a grand jury involvement required for even earlier phases, or does a grand jury normally get convened when there are likely indictments pending?

11 Likes

YES!! The dam is cracking.

Let’s see what Trump does now.

12 Likes

So will they need to impanel another grand jury if they move into business practices?

3 Likes

Now we’ll see if Kelly really has his vaunted control over the imbecile.

19 Likes

Release the Kraken!

20 Likes

Popehat (well-informed lawyer type guy) posted a nice overview of the significance of Grand Jury for this investigation:

35 Likes

Ruh, roh!!!

6 Likes

It is amazing in how much stuff is covered day after day. It is like a feeding frenzy.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available