Discussion: WSJ: Mueller Impanels Grand Jury In Federal Russia Probe

Not even 7 months into office, Trumpers have a grand jury opened up to investigate their crimes. And while I did indicate that we shouldn’t expect indictments to start falling down next week…Grand juries DO issue indictments.

Its a strong indication, that at least on some issues, they are no longer investigating whether or not they believe a crime was committed. They are now building the nuts and bolts of a prosecution for crimes they believe were committed. And will continue to look into other crimes that they suspect have been and will be committed. The will be is particularly important, because there is a high likelihood that someone is going to get nailed for perjury based on testimony given to the grand jury.

This is very, very bad for Trump,Trump Jr. Manafort and Kushner at the very least.

Probably very bad for a lot more too.

24 Likes

Apparently, I’ve been blocked by Popehat on Twitter. Seriously cannot imagine why.

1 Like

Not going to get into war with anyone on this,

2 Likes

Is it possible that having impaneled the Grand Jury protects Mueller in any way?

3 Likes

The first flipper has already flipped and maybe more. They just haven’t been named. I think that is why this is moving so fast. Someone is telling them where to look.

IMHO

13 Likes

Not for nothin’ but is this story possibly related to: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rnc-employees-asked-save-all-2016-campaign-documents

Did someone at the RNC suddenly get a DoJ spoliation letter in the wake of Priebus being spaced out the airlock? Never take sides against the family Fredo…

6 Likes

Arrest and replace.

14 Likes

Hey, let 'em try it. It’s a Presidency like no other!

7 Likes

Popehat: With sensible, prudent, obedient clients, this is gravely dangerous. With this crew . . . well. Hold their beer.

I think I just fell in love. It’s milliner time!

10 Likes

Not at all joking question here - how protected is Mueller? I’m talking physically here.

6 Likes

[quote=“daveyjones64, post:63, topic:60129”]
Now, with all of that said, its important to keep an eye on what is happening in NY with Schneiderman’s investigations. While they are not directly coordinating their investigations, there will inevitably be a certain amount of both investigations chasing Trumpers into legal jeopardy one way or the other. (they don’t just have to worry about getting their stories straight with on GJ, they have to get them straight with both…AND with each others testimonies). This group isn’t too bright, and is filled with hubris…they WILL be making mistakes, and probably lots of them.
[/quote]It’s going to be very difficult for his lawyers and the WH staff to keep Trump from witness-tampering. That will end up being another charge on what could be a rather long list.

7 Likes

Switching to the Republican party might not seem so wise after this breaking news . . . just sayin’

6 Likes

Well it is not close of busIness yet

What next?

2 Likes

We have empty beds in Cuba… Gitmo. As in Gitmo Trumps in there!

7 Likes

Not his first rodeo… I think the fact that we know nothing about his physical security speaks volumes.

5 Likes

Man’s got some damn good sources!

(meanwhile, another workday lost to to Trumpian news fire hose, not that I’m complaining!)

9 Likes

With a political wind meter so off-kilter, he’s probably not too bright. Good riddance.

2 Likes

I would think that once the GJ is empaneled, it would go forward even if Mueller was fired, so in a way I guess it does protect him. It protects his work.

8 Likes

Holy crap. I go out for a couple of hours and this!

6 Likes

[Head slap] “Глупый лак,” said Trump’s comrade handler.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available