Discussion: Voters Overwhelmingly Blame Trump & GOP For Shutdown In New Poll

Who sez???

1 Like

No, they actually don’t. The political calculation of the people they vote for does.

1 Like

there ARE other options… Impeachment may be too good for Trump, it will give him an out via Pence.
Not espousing this plan, but it might be better to wait out the election, dump him at the ballot box, then hit him with total forfeiture.
Every penny Trump owns was once a dirty ruble.
That is at the root of all of this.
Impeachment may be Trump’s ONLY safe exit.
Or maybe he’ll make a deal to keep one tower, if he’ll resign.
If Pence weren’t such a fake patriot, this wouldn’t be an issue.
Just think about it, at least.
It seems to me, we need to think about how Pence and Gerald Ford compare.
Nixon walked.

5 Likes

I agree that those approving of the shutdown and using a bogus emergency are Trump’s base. But I think that the 30-32% supporting him reflects his core, not more like 25%

In the CNN poll http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2019/images/01/12/rel1.pdf His support dropped from 39% in December to 37%, which his disapproval spiked from 52% to 57%.

What I think is happening is that the “rally around my party” glow that kept the republicans from loosing by more than the 8.6% they did, is wearing off. People are realizing that what they hoped for (Trump moderating himself) as they kept voting for republicans, is not going to happen. I think that is why those having to run in 2020 in even vaguely competitive districts are flipping out.

3 Likes

Yep. A surprise to see Rasmussen even bottoming out. May start to see a long expected decline (finally!)

538 Trump Approval/Disapproval

5 Likes

I hated those drills. I remember in first grade being aware of the travel time of an ICBM. Weird days.

1 Like

I don’t know… the NYT seems hellbent on interviewing every Trump supporter in the hinterlands. It’s like a fetish. (They also seem to have a fetish for gay Trumpsters.)

4 Likes

Winning.

13 Likes

And this whole fiasco the regime has put into place will continue for many years to come. Foreign partners that once worked with this country (i.e., China) will walk away and stay away. This four year period will reshape this country geographically as well. When whatever’s left of small farmers goes away, I doubt there will be replacements running into the rural areas to replace them.

7 Likes

They matter in the sense they’ll let the people they voted for know they no longer are with him. That will free the quislings from their knee jerk support of him.

4 Likes

Normally yes. I don’t believe so this time. Unless he appoints Hillary to the SC, they will stay until the end.

3 Likes

Trump himself said on video it was his shutdown and only some 60+ percent agree??? WTF!!

7 Likes

And if you were ADM or Cargill would you not be salivating at the prospect of picking up assets at a 30% discount?

3 Likes

The resistance to the truth is incredibly strong, and not only among Fox watchers. There is a new “analysis” of the question of whether Trump is a Russian asset put forward by Philip Bump in the WaPo. He doesn’t reach a definitive conclusion but pretty clearly seems to view the idea that Trump is an asset as absurd. He says, “But, with a theory that often relies on cherry-picking, there’s a weak spot: For a guy who’s supposedly working to advance Russia’s interest, Trump’s awfully clumsy about it.” So part of the “evidence” for Trump being innocent is that he didn’t definitively deny it initially when asked the question on Fox News. Wouldn’t a real asset have just said, “Definitely not!”? Also there is this gem: “If Trump fired Comey to appease Russia, why, for example, would he then have told Russia’s foreign minister in the Oval Office the next day that firing Comey relieved pressure he was facing from the Russia investigation?” Apparently he is too dumb and undisciplined to be conspiring with Russia since they clearly only recruit the best and the brightest.

Clearly, conventional wisdom has an iron-clad grip on most members of the media. Despite the fact that Trump’s allegiance to Russia has been in-your-face for 2 1/2 years now they still can’t or won’t believe it. Mueller is going to have come up with knock-down, bullet-proof evidence to sway this crowd.

3 Likes

trumpp supporters are becoming trumpp opponents so those interviews are going to be few and far between. Gay trumpsters, now that’s an oxymoron.

3 Likes

For sure.

…not exactly hair-splitting, that is a substantial variance, but I still contend that there is a very large portion of Trump’s “core” that isn’t in his cult, they are in the FOX left-hate class. Regardless, we are still talking about historically dismal approval ratings for a President.

6 Likes

The Electoral College; The Senate.
Huge Blue State majorities are largely negated.
Gore won by 540K votes
Hillary Clinton won by 2.78 million votes
Conceivably a Dem could win by 5, 6, 7 million and still lose in the EC, and the GOP could retain the Senate in the same election.

1 Like

39-40% will or whatever the current approval rate is. “Nullifying the 2016 election” will be their mantra.

2 Likes

Well, it’s back to bombing Iran. Get Bolton on the horn.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available