Discussion: Voters Overwhelmingly Blame Trump & GOP For Shutdown In New Poll

“…the shutdown, which reached its 24th day on Monday.”

Hasn’t the government been shut down for two years now?

:confused:

31 Likes

As usual the Sunday shows were bending over backwards yesterday to put a both sides are responsible spin on it.

13 Likes

Apparently the 36% who blame Democrats never believed Putin’s Puppet when he said he’d be the one to shut it down.

7 Likes

…go poll the soybean farmers who once loved em’ some Trump.
One sure thing about conservatives, they don’t care until it hurts them somehow, and it is hurting them BIG TIME, to borrow a favorite Trump term.

9 Likes

So often, there is a desire to ignore what is plainly obvious, what is sitting right in front of our face. There is no 13-dimensional chess, no secret strategic genius, no gotcha inbound.

The American people don’t want Trump’s fucking wall, and they don’t want him to throw tantrums to get it. That’s pretty much the length and breadth of it.

12 Likes

Absolutely. One pasture, one vote.

2 Likes

David Leonhardt NYT, a few of the 3000 words in an article saying just this.

For the country’s sake, there is only one acceptable outcome, just as there was after Americans realized in 1974 that a criminal was occupying the Oval Office. The president must go. It will require congressional Republicans to acknowledge that they let a con man take over their party and then defended that con man. It will require Democrats and progressive activists to understand that a rushed impeachment may actually help Trump remain in office.

But if removing him will not be easy, it’s not as unlikely as it may sometimes seem.

20 Likes

General incompetence and a government shutdown have similar effects…

5 Likes

Rasmussen had the final congressional margin at R +1. Given that the actual result was D +8.6, Rasmussen was off by 9.6%.

If I shift his poll (which is methodologically difficult as its only uses Robo calls to phones) which was 43% to 55% to reflect how off he was in the 2018 midterms I get 38% approval, 60% disapproval.

This is about what the CNN/SSRS poll which was just released (37% approval, 57% disapproval) shows. Unfortunately both the ABC/Post and Q-polls are holding onto their Trump approval numbers to release later, but what polling there is that is quality suggests Trump’s numbers (1) have fallen by 2-3%, while (2) his remaining supporters have rallied around the wall.

3 Likes

This isn’t a process story or a story that advances the social media narrative. This is a story that has the potential of impacting the lives of every American. If this goes on for “months and years” Trump is going to be permanently damaged even with his base. in short if this Shutdown continues any length of time this is the first story that isn’t susceptible to social media troll influence. It will hurt Trump and the Republicans who support him.

3 Likes

#ITMFA

The question is whether to IMPEACH 2019 or LET HIM RUN 2020?

He’s busy…

1 Like

Because he can’t go home due to him hating his wife

We’re not supposed to care about trumpp supporters and what they think about him even if they’re suffering. But they matter. As soon as tomorrow or next week they could be trumpp’s opposition and they’re who we’ll need when Congress decides how and when to remove him.

5 Likes

Alas, the survey sample was 1,209 voters. I’d love to see state/regional breakdowns, too, but the sample size won’t support it.

1 Like

I cannot talk about FOX socially.

11 Likes

Why is that?

I wonder what percentage of that 61% who support funding border security understand and agree with the statement: The Democratic proposal to open the gov’t sufficiently funds border security.

I suspect it’s the majority of them. Support for funding border security does not automatically translate into support for Trump’s wall.

3 Likes

Once again the Sunday news show prove they’re irrelevant.

7 Likes

Well, that message seems to be failing miserably.

The doubling-down on it should be right around the corner…

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available