Discussion: Voters Overwhelmingly Blame Trump & GOP For Shutdown In New Poll

even HERE? TPM tends to alleviate that conundrum, somehow.

2 Likes

Not really. Not at all. See:

Scroll down half way and look at the Ronald Reagan comparison.

I believe that many of those ā€œleft hateā€ people who arenā€™t feral trumpers are now calling themselves Independents. They may be the last ones we could potentially peel off, if only temporarily.

1 Like

Conventional media would have trouble believing trump is a Russian asset if Putin said he was explicitly. Kinda like he did in Helsinki.

10 Likes

Coming in second on that dubious award list might be considered historic by someā€¦

I think that is right, but it will be the absolute floor - 25-30%, those are the people I mean. The other 10% are possibly available as you said.

4 Likes

This WaPo article makes me livid. Substitute a Democrat and ā€¦ donā€™t even bother finishing the sentence. I mean, what the hell is it? Theyā€™re so worried about looking biased?

5 Likes

Jumped the thread thereā€¦

Itā€™s not like heā€™s fucking James Bond. Heā€™s a useful and extremely lucky idiot. ā€œAssetā€ is giving him infinitely more credit.

5 Likes

I remember thinking ā€œwhoā€™s this goombah?ā€ when this was aired. I never imagined that he would end up playing the role he did.

1 Like

No one laughs harder than the real spies when someone accuses Trump of being one of them.

3 Likes

Heā€™s an idiot asset. Like the 1962 movie. Angela Lansbury was 1962ā€™s Mitch McConnell

4 Likes

Letā€™s make kakistocracy the word of the day.

3 Likes

Funny you say that because I was actually wondering last night if that might be a scenario that Putin is considering:

He goes on Russian national television, tells the audience that ā€œYeah, Trump is a Russian Asset because I was the one who created him. So what? Americans went along with it. Who is truly at fault? Later guys.ā€ Putin ends up burning him for once and for all. An incompetent ā€œManchurian Candidateā€ thatā€™s already seen his use and no more.

Then what do we do?

4 Likes

might be nice to have a dictionary-type definitionā€¦

He is an ā€œassetā€ like he is a ā€œbillionaireā€. He is also billions in debt. Now, ā€œass hatā€ fits.

1 Like

Sometimes I revert to my old habit of using polite language. If I were to use the words trump has so richly earned they would very shortly lose their shock value. I donā€™t want that to happen. But as I said ā€¦ trump has earned every epithet in the English language pretty much (with a few exceptions). The Brits are much better at insults than I am.

3 Likes

Should be called the senate republican governance strike. Trump wanted to call the shutdown a strike letā€™s go for it

3 Likes

Points for that one

1 Like

Welp, as I said yesterday itā€™s damned obvious what trump is and nobody in the media or government wants to use the word (starts with a T ). Butā€¦ There it is.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available