Discussion: Trump Introduces VP Pick Pence: 'We Are The Law And Order Candidates'

“He’s a solid, solid person,” Trump said.

‘Mike has the best solidity. You won’t believe how dense he is. Fabulous denseness. Even neutrinos can’t get through his head.’

26 Likes

I have for a long time been convinced that there is a mole somewhere deep in the RNC that does this sort of thing deliberately. It happens too much for it to be totally accidental. (Remember the use of music from “The Birdcage” – “We Are Family” being used at a GOP presidential campaign event? Bob Dole maybe? I can’t exactly remember. But that wasn’t the only time.) Surely they can’t be that incompetent. Can they?

4 Likes

I also predict that Trumppence will spawn a new word (or at least a variant spelling): comeuppence.

5 Likes

I wonder if Trump realizes that he can’t change his mind, even if he decides he deserves better than Pence.

Which is really ironic; considering the fact that Trump is being deposed a a fraud trial regarding Trump “University” . . .

He couldn’t help us more if he was trying.

Oh wait.

:smile:

My son tells me to go into the woods and pick up a rock. What you see there – worms, centipedes – are what will come out of the darkness to vote Trump. How many can there be? I thought the tea party forced them to the polls pretty well.

And then there’s the Libertarians.

4 Likes

Donald Tramp is a world class entertainer.

1 Like

It can change, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_President_of_the_United_States#Timeline_of_vice_presidents

At the tumultuous 1972 Democratic convention, presidential nominee George McGovern selected Senator Thomas Eagleton as his running mate, but numerous other candidates were either nominated from the floor or received votes during the balloting. Eagleton nevertheless received a majority of the votes and the nomination, though he later resigned from the ticket, resulting in Sargent Shriver becoming McGovern’s final running mate

4 Likes

Of course not - Trump can do anything he wants to do. So far he has.

2 Likes

Whereas Pence is like a day-old cow flop – been around a while, so getting crusty on the surface, which makes it appear to be solid, But inside…fundamentally the same as the fresh steaming piles around it.

5 Likes

Pence is a trial balloon gone bad, very bad.

Trump’s ineptitude caused this. He didn’t take something so important seriously. And that is a preview of his leadership ability or lack thereof.
Manafort surely guided Trump to Pence but left to his own devices, Trump’s own choices were even worse.

Even with his management cleaning up his act, it’s still awful because that’s what happens when you start out from the bottom of the barrel, the gutter seems OK.

5 Likes

Oh, I don’t know. I can remember back in '72 when George McGovern marched out onto the stage to the strains of “Impossible Dream” from Man of La Mancha. Possibly one of the contributing factors to McGovern’s 520-17 electoral vote drubbing at the polls.

2 Likes

"WE ARE THE LAW AND ORDER CANDIDATES’…
Seriously…

BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID???

9 Likes

No
Rolling Stones have ashed him not to play their songs

5 Likes

Maybe Chrysler can step up to help:

A natural fit IMHO.

jw1

2 Likes

"Pence went on to call Clinton “someone who literally personifies the failed establishment in Washington D.C.” "

Can you literally personify something?

5 Likes

They’re going to pitch that non-establishment message hard and they just may pick up some Bernie dead enders with it. Maybe 30 or 40 of them.

:wink:

3 Likes

8 Likes

An illusion (personification) of Jesus formed by the hair patterns of a dog’s ass?
https://thesportsphysio.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/slide-7.jpg

12 Likes

I believe that is the , Holie Jesus. Nyanhh, nyanhh!

5 Likes