Discussion: Trump Campaign Video Misrepresents Clinton's Position On Taxes

That one caught my eye too. The language in the Michigan statute lets you off the hook for lying basically, as long as you sign your name to it, presumably with a “I’m Syphilitic Orangutan and I approve…”

The thing is, I think we established during the solicitation letters to foreign parliaments-thing that Trump’s PAC and Trump’s campaign share the same terminally flawed mailing list, highly suggestive of forbidden collaboration between the two. So if this were released by a PAC, it would still be worth looking into.

3 Likes

To wit, you will hear “the colored fella” mentioned at a local bar and everyone knows exactly who is being referred to even if politics was not being discussed. It also invariably will bring out a round of nonsense on “Obama-phones”, free stuff for illegals or how illegals are looting Social Security yadda yadda, yadda…

I can assure you that it ain’t the working poor saying this stuff…

2 Likes

Lying is normal operating procedure for trump and friends. It has come to be expected.

1 Like

Typical of the sloppy and lying Trump campaign. Watch Manafart spin it.

Notice Donald has not promised to cut taxes on the middle class.

He can’t. Somebody has to pay for Donald’s corporate welfare.

1 Like

See here, for reference.

1 Like

Word. And this is not the first time. Just a couple of days ago another article by Caitlin was entitled “Trump Mistakenly Claims He Saw Video Of Cash Being Delivered To Iran.”

This claim, that claim, and all the other claims coming out of Trump’s mouth are not honest mistakes or misunderstandings. They are flat-out lies. Why hesitate to call them what they are?

6 Likes

Would like to ask people following this via cable news programs – how is this being reported?

Devout Christian Mike Pence. Lying his ass off for the Lord.

2 Likes

And possibly only Hillary.

3 Likes

Nah, only foreigners use conjunctions. You can bet if she had said “are not” that would have been sliced and diced out. Maybe not even necessary to go that far as the sheep would never have heard the not.

1 Like

I’m holding out for more. Who is going to be the first journalist to ask Trump why his campaign lied about what Hillary said?

3 Likes

He says he does not need all that money to run a classy campaign and we are seeing the results, using high school (maybe elementary) video students to produce the product.

2 Likes

Don’t hold your breath…

1 Like

Does anyone doubt that this was a deliberate deceit? The term “misrepresents” is way, way too gentle. The writer could have used the term “falsely,” as in: Trump Campaign Falsely Presents Clinton’s Position on Taxes.

Note to TPM writers: Try Roget’s every now and then.

4 Likes

In my opinion, anyone in this culture who is willingly uneducated should not be allowed to have a vote. If you can’t be bothered to inform yourself on the issues you ought not be allowed to express whatever opinion you might have.

Pelosi was Majority Leader and a damned good one, Boner became Majority Leader with the ascent of the tea party in 2010, and she’s still standing. But I’m curious. What makes you say it was their intent to be confusing. For now I’ll stick to my opinion that it was carelessness.

@stradivarius50t3 I had a friend who when she heard someone say something really stupid and not necessarily politically related, she’d say “And THEY get to vote?!” About a year ago when I first started wearing a Hillary button, I’d bump into people, have a few brief words, and a few would say “Is she running?” Yes, I’d say, and she’s the front runner.

@magical_panda It was six, P E L O S I.

1 Like

Was the answer 4 letters or 6?

Why can’t we call a spade a spade? Just say it Trump campaign video LIES about Clinton’s position on taxes. There, FIFY

1 Like

Sorry we tried that in the south - tests for being allowed to vote.

nope.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available