Discussion: 'The President Is Not A White Supremacist': Mulvaney Defends Christchurch Response

Meanwhile, Tulsi, looking for a gimmick to set herself apart in a crowded field, blames Trump’s critics for Trump.

Her ineluctable logic is overwhelming.

16 Likes

The Jeb! of the Democrats…

4 Likes

That’s not how the system works. The President communicates in his way. Different presidents have communicated in their way.”

12 Likes

It is extremely hard for a white nationalist to defend another white nationalist from the same ilk!

2 Likes

tmw i realize that I’m finally ready to watch that Ibushi- Sabre Jr. match.

Mulvaney said that he doesn’t know how many times they have to deny the charge for it to go away. What he doesn’t seem to understand is that what one says is never nearly as important as what one does. (And what one does includes the constant defense and even encouragement of White Supremacists and their interests.)

10 Likes

Nixon’s statement was also ridiculed as a hopeless attempt at misdirection:

People have got to know whether their president is a crook. Well, I’m not a crook. I’ve earned everything I’ve got.

Trump saying it would be even funnier.

12 Likes

As his chief of staff defended him against charges of Islamophobia on Sunday, President Donald Trump defended a Fox News anchor who was reportedly suspended for Islamophobic remarks.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-defends-fox-news-host-reportedly-suspended-for-islamophobia

7 Likes

It’s St. Patrick’s day. Shouldn’t Mulvaney be blaming the Irish for the Great Hunger, praising British landlords for taking their land as well as lecture them about it being the fault of the “takers not the makers”?

11 Likes

Yes, when officials feel “the need” to make this type of denial, it is an acknowledgment of its truth.

6 Likes

What a dope. Everyone is to blame except tRump for his own behavior. Good luck with that rationale when you’re raising kids. All the other kids in the neighborhood made your kid follow the biggest bully on the block. Just once I’d like to see politicians say that the real problem is that tRump lacks any semblance of positive self-esteem. I know that seems counterintuitive considering his narcissistic personality, but its actually at the root of every single one of his issues.

9 Likes

The fact that your COS has to say this is enough.

Yes you are.

@careysub - didn’t see your comment before I posted mine- great minds I guess. hahahaha

3 Likes

“… but he’ll do until a real one comes along.”

4 Likes

Bazinga!

1 Like

‘The President Is Not A White Supremacist’

LBJ strikes again.

1 Like

Or, in a somewhat different sense:

“I am not a crook”
-Richard Nixon

4 Likes

“Mulvaney continued: “I’m not sure what more you want the President to do. You may say you want to give him a national speech to address the nation. That’s fine. Maybe we do that, maybe we don’t”
Uh yeah. JFK after Medger Evers, LBJ after Selma etc.

5 Likes

A lie must be persisted forever, and, since it doesn’t persist by itself, it means a human being has to dedicate himself to it for the rest of his life.

It’s the greatest obscenity of a decadent. Some call it a business plan.

6 Likes

“I don’t think anybody can claim that Donald Trump hasn’t done exactly what we’d want him to do in this circumstance.”

Making the claim right now. Right here:
Donald Trump hasn’t done exactly what we’d want him to do in this circumstance.

10 Likes

I think what they fail to say however in those numbers, as I read them, is that that 90%, is what amounts to a dwindling party that hasn’t sustained the kind of numbers in their party you would expect of a popular president, which tRump is not. Instead, we’ve seen obvious defections from the party due to tRump. There used to be a lot more Republicans among the American population. Not anymore. Now they’re less than a third. Many who used to consider themselves GOPers are primarily Independents now, with more saying they’re not affiliated with any party anymore.

Gallup. As of October 2017, Gallup polling found that 31% of Americans identified as Democrat, 24% identified as Republican, and 42% as Independent.

And that’s always-friendly GOP Gallup reporting this. When Obama ran for office the electorate was more evenly divided. The last election, we saw more Dems show up and dominate…so fret not…at least not yet.

One thing is certain, the Democratic party has increased in size over the years. Our problem is however a combination of dealing with voter suppression measures, gerrymandering and people too mesmerized with their couch cushions to get up off their asses to vote when the time comes.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available