Discussion: 'The President Is Not A White Supremacist': Mulvaney Defends Christchurch Response

Whatever you say, Major Toht.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/indianajones/images/6/67/Toht.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/350?cb=20190217220036

1 Like

Mulvaney was disappointed Wallace didnā€™t read the second sentence - as if that made it seem the white nationalist terrorist is not a fan and supporter of Trump.

Read together, the message is, ā€œTrump brings all the white nationalists together in a common purpose ā€¦ but heā€™s still a fucking idiot.ā€

22 Likes

23 Likes

Next he will be telling us that his boss is not a fraud and a con man either.

Nixon: ā€œI am not a crookā€
Trump lickspittle: ā€œTrump is not a white supremacistā€

6 Likes

Was this before or after Trump had a hissy fit after Fox pulled Jeannine Pirroā€™s show after her display of virulent Islamophobia?

(since the show was pulled at the last minute I suspect that Pirro planned on saying something else incendiary about Muslims ā€“ and in the wake of Christchurch, Fox was not having it)

7 Likes

But I think you get down to the basic issue, which is that the President is doing everything that we can to prevent this type of thing from happening here.ā€

8 Likes

This is sort of like Nixonā€™s, ā€œI am not a crookā€, which was also a lie and a signal that there was sufficient evidence that he was, and that he was out of step with the vast majority of Americans.

Only Trump is too cowardly too make the denial himself.

9 Likes

In a manifesto published before he allegedly murdered the Mosque-goers, the shooter wrote in a Q-and-A format: ā€œWere/are you a supporter of Donald Trump? As a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose? Sure. As a policy maker and leader? Dear god no.ā€

All the cunning and hate of Adolf Hitler, but without the savior faire and governmental acumen.

23 Likes

[quote=ā€œinversion, post:26, topic:85691ā€]
But I think you get down to the basic issue, which is that the President is doing everything that we can to prevent this type of thing from happening here.ā€
[/quote]Sometimes, itā€™s just too easy, isnā€™t it? Waaaay too much material and too many examples to dispute whatever they say. From his own mouth and thumbs. All fake, of course. Except itā€™s all, unfortunately, too real.

10 Likes

ā€˜The President Is Not A White Supremacistā€™

Thatā€™s odd, because all the white supremacists sure think that heā€™s white supremacist.

34 Likes

ā€œItā€™s a tragedy, and I get that. And weā€™re in a hyper-partisan time in the country, and I get that, but that doesnā€™t mean we need to marry these two events.ā€

9 Likes

So he can hate with the best of them, but he canā€™t make the trains run on time? The terrorist is basically saying, I knew Benito Mussolini, you my friend, are no Benito Mussolini.

13 Likes

The depths are abyssal and the minions are circling round him in the darkness.

14 Likes

Inversion, Congrats! All your saved bookmarks are bearing fruit today. You obviously werenā€™t kidding.

6 Likes

ā€œThe President is not a white supremacist, Iā€™m not sure how many times we have to say that.ā€

This is 48 hours after a man with a manifesto available in black and white describing his motives killed 49 Muslims and injured numerous others and Trump spoke dismissively about the whole idea of white nationalist violence. There were only a few of them, and maybe this guy was one and maybe not. I think the god-damn ā€œpresidentā€ has to keep saying heā€™s not a white supremacist until his damn actions stop making people wonder.

19 Likes

thanks

2 Likes

ā€œThe President communicates in his way.ā€

Yeah, flame wars against dead men on Twitter.

11 Likes

Mulvaney is insufficiently supportive of the President and his agenda. Is this the most enthusiasm he can muster for Our Dear Leader? Heā€™d better turn this around, and quick!

4 Likes

ReThugs are 0.25 ā€¦

0.90 of 0.25 is 0.225

Still too many peopleā€¦

4 Likes

"After the shooting, Trump minimized the threat of white nationalists, referring to them as ā€œa small group of people.ā€

Fri, Mar 15th, 2019
Trump Accidentally Describes His Supporters When Asked About White Nationalism

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/03/15/trump-white-nationalism.html

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available