Discussion: Steve King Shares Meme Speculating About 'Another Civil War'

Texas n Florida would do the trick.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s wrong with you, calling the authors a$$holes, stereotyping rural voters as racists and bigots? Yes, surely that is how to win friends and votes. Itā€™s a well-reasoned editorial, with good advice for Democratic candidates. The fact is that Democrats have failed to advocate these ideas effectively. IMHO, a lot of rural voters sat out 2016, despising Trump and despairing of Clinton. Theyā€™re out there, struggling to get by, waiting for someone who gets it.

2 Likes

Letā€™s also see if this human cockroach urges all those Iowa farmers to give back or refuse their government welfare checks ($8 billion spent so far!) theyā€™re getting because of this stupid trade war with China initiated by said government.

Damn, how I wish some reporter would ask them all about this.

8 Likes

Union and Confederate officers lead from the front in the Civil War. Iā€™m guessing you wouldnā€™t find Steve King anywhere near the fighting.

6 Likes

Hell no.

I said that upthread. Heā€™s all for it cause heā€™ll just watch.

3 Likes

Let us never forget that Steve King endorsed terrorism against the United States of America. Small plane. Texas IRS office. Steve Kingā€™s words of support and understandingā€¦ for the attacker.

The only thing preventing him from being guilty of treason is that treason, as defined in the Constitution, requires a declared enemy. Heā€™s not guilty of treasonā€¦ heā€™s just a traitorous bastard who should be locked up for inciting violence.

11 Likes

I take it he wonā€™t be endorsing a William Tecumseh Sherman 2020 campaign ā€œback to finish the jobā€.

6 Likes

Tom Harkin has done a lot of good during his career. Iā€™m still perplexed why he teamed up with Orin Hatch to protect the nutritional supplement industry.

+10. Canā€™t recommend this enough.

2 Likes

Losing committee assignments has given him more time to read his Facebook feed and get really cool memes to post. Not that he was doing any actual reading or researching for those committees, and he was probably miserable having to be on committees with a Dem in charge.

5 Likes

Dear Steve,

1. We had this war. Your side lost. We did, in fact, kick your butt.
  2. We buy your breakfast. We buy your lunch. We buy your supper. We pave your roads. We keep your lights on. With the possible exception of Texas, red states take far more Federal tax dollars than they put in. So the red states are basically welfare states. They also have the worst education, the shortest marriages, the worst medical care, the most child abuse, the most spousal abuse, the most highway fatalities, the fattest people, the most heart attacks, the deepest poverty, and the shortest life span. They do, however, have the most evangelicals.
  3. You swore an oath to the U.S. Constitution when you took office, Steve. Seceding from the United States of America (which is what your lot tried once before) is treasonous. Youā€™re a traitor to the USA, Steve. You need to leave.
12 Likes

ā€œOne Nation under God, indivisibleā€¦ā€
Before you recite the flag pledge congressman, the ā€œindivisibleā€ refers specifically to the unsuccessful rebellion by Southern states against the United States. You do know that Congressman Kingā€¦right?

4 Likes

Ditto. I was surprised by the tone the authors. Was not expecting that.

2 Likes

Steve King has disgraced The Peopleā€™s House, cantaloupes and shooting survivors. And Kevin McCarthy does nothing.

2 Likes

Too many people say theyā€™d welcome another civil war

Agreed. There is no upside to one, and I really think that most of those that flirt with the idea on this site and across the left are responding to the drumbeat of cretins like King as opposed to pushing for it on their own. The Steve Kings of the world live in the same delusional bubble where they call for either a new constitutional convention or a civil war, convinced that they would dominate the outcome in either scenario.

4 Likes

Holy shit =- OT but Donna Brazile is going to work for Fox. https://www.rawstory.com/2019/03/fox-news-viewers-lose-network-hires-donna-brazile-instead-lifting-jeanine-pirros-suspension/

2 Likes

Itā€™s all about the Benjamins.

(To coin a phrase.)

5 Likes

I like her, but sheā€™s one of those Democrats who continues to operate under the mistaken belief that Fox viewers just need to hear more Democratic voices and theyā€™ll eventually come around once they listen to us. No, they wonā€™t.

10 Likes

Whenever I see this sort of thing, itā€™s always implicit that law enforcement will not prevent the Right from shooting those they disagree with. As if the ā€œwarā€ will be more like a turkey shoot where Democrats are the birds. Add to that a president who openly calls our democracy rigged, feeding the narrative that only violence can deliver the outcomes they want. Itā€™s a god damned mess, but they are being emboldened. Exhorted.

3 Likes

Sheā€™s got it going on - I like her too personally. Iā€™ve gotten mad as hell at her before because she has her agenda I donā€™t always agree with it.

I donā€™t think this is going to turn out like she thinks it is. Fox will taint her rather than her elevating Fox.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available