Discussion: State ACLU Director Resigns Over Group's Support For Trans Rights

I am curious about your concern regarding predators.

What is your position about covering up sexual assault on college campuses? What have you done about it? Alternatively, do you think most women make this shit up?

Outside of elementary school bathrooms, where do you believe we have a predator problem?

4 Likes

I call bullshit on her story, too. It never happened, but she had to say something to support her biases. And even if it did, why would her children be frightened? Has she taught them to fear tall women with deep voices? She should instead take them to a WNBA game once in awhile.

2 Likes

In response to my good faith effort to answer your questions, please do get back to me on who is making the bigotry accusations against whom.
A Federal agency is threatening the withholding of federal funds unless public school districts implement a change in sexual norms - thatā€™s President Obama. I assume this policy would be in effect throughout all school activities - sports, plays, etc.
And while Iā€™m perfectly willing to confess my ignorance regarding transgenders, some of you might want to admit a lack of knowledge regarding rural America, cuz this ainā€™t gonna fly.

Donā€™t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, Maya.

Poor woman has been brainwashed by hysterical conservative fear mongering over the non-problem, non-issue of trans persons using their preferred public toilet. Sad to see that someone we expect to be a staunch defender of civil rights has become tainted with intolerance and fear, succumbing to the great burning eye in Raleigh. But she is doing the right thing by resigning.

4 Likes

And no ā€œpolicyā€ in a Target store is going to change that. And again, a M to F trans woman has no motivation to ā€œdo bad thingsā€ in a restroom towards other women or girls. Or are you suggesting that somehow trans people are more likely to be sexual predators than non trans0women?

If so, please cite any data to back up this serious accusation.

Because there is literally no documented cases of this ever occurring.

5 Likes

Iā€™m against it.
Nothing. College campuses are just about the safest places in the world. (Seriously, are you going to present a list burning social issues that require active participation?)
No. Do you think that some donā€™t?

You mean other than trying to imply that they are bad people looking for ā€œcircumstancesā€ to ā€œdo bad thingsā€ (i.e. behave as sexual predators)ā€¦?

I am not sure if you are being that disingenuous or that disconnected from what you are arguing.

5 Likes

Because you are confusing trans people with sexual predators for starters.

6 Likes

I havenā€™t equated or implied transgenders are sexual predators, although Iā€™m sure they follow the same Gaussian distribution as everyone else.
Youā€™re the one that made that connection.

The entire thread and topic of this article is about transgendered people. So donā€™t try and feign that somehow this is not the topic of discussion.

6 Likes

More proof that ā€œReligion trumps Educationā€ in many people.
She just canā€™t get over her religious indoctrination about how ā€œickyā€ those trans are.
What will she do when her 3 small children express fear at the sight of a physically handicapped person? Demand they not be allowed in the restrooms? What about people with terrible disfigurements that ā€œscareā€ her little yuppie-podlings? Should they be banned too?
Sheā€™s a Bigot with a bad case of cognitive-dissonance (like most Bigots.)

1 Like

So, according to you, bringing up the fact that sexual predators might take advantage of that situation is verboten.
Got it.
Are you the official censor? Maybe the ā€˜Primeā€™ Censor?

If itā€™s in good faith, perhaps youā€™d like to address the core questions I posed, especially regarding this public school predatory scenario.
I also think it might be more appropriate to describe these changes as gender norms, not necessarily sexual norms, since one of the critical issues here is gender identity.
And, although it may be unintentional, your linking of defenseless schoolgirls with sexual predators in a public school setting implies that trans individuals are sexual predators. If you are not implying that they are, then your alternative (the cross-dressing hetero sexual predator/pedophile waiting outside of public school restrooms) is not a reality-based threat.

6 Likes

You have any evidence to support your theory that sexual predators may take advantage of other peopleā€™s civil rights? You do realize that trans persons have been using their preferred public toilets for many decades and that the only reason you are afraid is because the clowns running North Carolina passed an unconstitutional bigotry bill, and suddenly now you give a damn about a non-existent problem.

Trans persons are using the pubic toilet of their choice every day, in every state. They have been doing it for decades, and they are doing it right now. Think about it, icepilot, right now some trans person is crapping in your beloved public crapper and nobody is being molested. NOBODY.

Deal with it.

5 Likes

Once more: please explain this sexual predator hypothesis in the public school setting. How EXACTLY do you envision that working out?
Also: for one complaining about ad hominem attacks above, your censor remarks to @lestatdelc come hypocritically close to that very thing.

3 Likes

Well, Orthostice, when I was in elementary school in the 1950s, in Florida, and three African-American men walked into a public restroom. the police would have been called if it was a White restroom.

We had White and Colored rest rooms all over the South and woe to a ā€œColoredā€ person who used the wrong one or if a White person used the wrong one.

3 Likes

Kind of the point. Under the NC laws, they would be breaking the law if Sarina used a womanā€™s restroom, and Buck used a menā€™s room.

And that larger point is that most trans people have been using the correct restroom for their gender identity and nobody has even noticed, much less any documented problems. Until the Fright-Wingā„¢ tried to make this and issue, and ignorant moral scolds and bigots have started attacking young women for having the wrong hair length, or even fathers taking their 5 year-old-daughter in to use the restroom.

4 Likes

ā€œyour censor remarksā€¦ā€ That one make me laugh! Iā€™ve just been brutal, havenā€™t I?
Did you miss the, ā€œI assume this policy would be in effect throughout all school activities - sports, plays, etc.ā€ In addition there are public pools, playgrounds, etc. And this wonā€™t stop with public schools, it never does.
I donā€™t try and keep up with the latest ā€œproperā€ gender terms any more than fashion in general.

Makes you wonder if icepilot has the intellectual capacity to understand that the policy he advocates will in fact create the problem he claims to fear, an open invitation for manly looking men to walk in to the womenā€™s restroom.

1 Like

First, your unsupported hypothetical and opinion are not ā€œa factā€.

Second, your dissembling about your conflating transpersons with sexual predators is what is bigoted and ignorant on your part.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available