Discussion: State ACLU Director Resigns Over Group's Support For Trans Rights

Upthread I posted photos of Sarina and Buck.

Which restroom should Sarina use?

Which restroom should Buck use?

2 Likes

No. I think the issue in these states is an abhorrence to pre-operative transgender people using the opposite toilet. Otherwise, as you say, whatā€™s the point as Sarina and Buck obviously ā€œpassā€? Why would a pre-operative transgender person want the problems they will/have faced by using the opposite toilet? Not quite the same things as Blacks being barred from businesses in the Jim Crow South and elsewhere pre-Civil Rights.

I think Iā€™ve made it obvious that the end point is anybody going into any bathroom.

Sorry but it is a civil rights issue and gender discrimination based on whether a person ā€œpassesā€ for their gender (whether trans or not).

We now have bigots assaulting women who are not very feminine looking have shaved their hair off in support of fighting cancer. And this is not a contest of civil rights abuses. So letā€™s not start setting up that false dilemma.

1 Like

No. It a chromosome issue.

And you tend to exaggerate in your posts, as you are doing now. There is no epidemic of attacks on women who are either unfeminine looking or who have shaved heads related to the transgender toilet issue.

How unfortunate she was given any time to say this crap on TV. On the positive side sheā€™s no longer the state ACLU Director. Because she obviously misunderstands that role.

1 Like

I have six kids; the only way the story works is she was freaked out by the tall, deep-voiced women and her daughters picked up on it and the questions she was ill-prepared to answer were about why mommy was acting weird.

All of my kids know that people come in all shapes and sizes and colors and varieties and to treat everyone with respect. It has never been awkward even for the briefest moment to teach them this. Teaching about mental illness, that can be tricky; teaching respect for all living beings is really straightforward.

4 Likes

No, it really isnā€™t.

4 Likes

I see, so this didnā€™t happen. Or it has to rise to ā€œepidemicā€ proportions to be a problem.

Got it.

3 Likes

If you followed the linked article you would have seen the rest of the quote: ā€œI knew they were transgender because I checked pants.ā€

Whereā€™s your skepticism now, huh?

Well that this alleged ā€œincidentā€ has never even been verified as having occurred asideā€¦ what does that even mean?

2 Likes

I get that the North Carolina legislature is conservative so Iā€™ll be so happy when they agree to full LGBTQ rights in the areas of housing, public accommodations and employment with exemptions for the transgender bathroom and marriage equality issues. Of course Iā€™m just kidding as everyone knows this is all about holding their base together in hating the gays.

1 Like

Something tells me trans people are more at risk of being attacked in a bathroom than they are of attacking someone else.

7 Likes

I am the mother of two girls and we donā€™t need your protection, thank you.

5 Likes

(crickets)

4 Likes

So you are against letting trans people go to the bathroom because of your burning concern about stopping sexual predators. But you have never done anything about REAL predators. In fact, you do not listen to nor believe real women when they articulate their real concerns over real problems.

You have made yourself very clear. If there is anyone I would be afraid to be alone with, in the bathroom or anywhere, it would be you.

6 Likes

How much of the NC legislation is also designed to ostracize and shame trans gendered school children at all levels? And reinforce to non trans children that anyone different should be identified as a threat?

5 Likes

You think non-transgendered men who would be willing dress up as women to get ā€œaccess to little girlsā€ in womenā€™s bathrooms, a thing Iā€™ve never heard of and that I challenge you to identify a single instance of ever happening, couldnā€™t have done that before now?

The sheer amount of time conservatives spend thinking up imaginary things to be afraid of is a source of never-ending amazement to me.

11 Likes

Supposedly in pubic schools no less, where people apparently just walk in off the street to assault little girls in their bathrooms. Or they do now because Obama. Or something.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available