Discussion: State ACLU Director Resigns Over Group's Support For Trans Rights

What you “think,” to use that word very loosely, is immaterial.

The facts do not support your bigotry or your near-total lack of intellectual wherewithall.

5 Likes

You know, I’m willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and accept that this situation really happened. I’m sure parents find themselves in all kinds of situations where they don’t have all the answers, and I’m sure many of us have grown in our understanding of gender identity and expression, such that once upon a time we, too, might have been been similarly stumped.

Since when is my being confused a valid reason to deny someone else’s rights?

2 Likes

“About ten seconds after they were told it should be an issue for them.”

Bingo.

The other day at his town hall meeting in Elkhart, Indiana, President Obama took a question from a black man who described himself as a lifelong defender of civil liberties, but who nevertheless had a problem with the bathroom access issue. He asked, “With everything else that is going on, what made you decide to make this an issue?”

Obama said that it was not him that made it an issue. School districts around the country, trying to deal with the issue of bullying and harassment of trans children – children – had asked his administration for guidance on dealing with this issue that would help them ensure the safety of these children.

He asked the man what his specific objection was, and the man said it was due to his religious principles.

5 Likes

Dicks and Balls and Perverts OH MY!

Correction for the last paragraph of the article. Unless she’s talking about male victims of sexual assault, they’re not going to be sharing restrooms with transgender men. Women will be (as they have for decades) sharing restrooms with transgender women. Any time I see someone referring to a transgender woman as a man, at least it’s a very clear sign that they’re ignorant or dishonest.

5 Likes

How is thinking that sexual predators will take advantage of changed circumstances bigoted?
And please do continue with the name calling - it defines you.

Any cisgendered male can barge into the woman’s restroom with the intent to do something bad. Why do you think they would go to the trouble of dressing up as a woman? The cisgendered guy would just go right on in as has actually happened.

4 Likes

I have not called you names—I have stated the obvious thrust of your insipid and poorly-reasoned comments.

Sexual predators don’t hang around the average middle-school restroom.
Nor are they likely to begin doing so.

All you have demonstrated so far is your utter and complete lack of knowledge regarding trans children and their feelings and their behavior.

Tell me—it is hard to post while running around with your hair on fire?

6 Likes

Good riddance. Equal civil liberties for all.

3 Likes

You’re welcome to point out where I have commented on the transgendered, in any way.

Your entire comment history on this thread is about your idiocy regarding the transgendered.

5 Likes

“If we have all-gender restrooms which will accommodate trans folks, what do we do about women who are the survivors of rape for whom it would be traumatic to share a public restroom where you take down your underwear, and there’d be men in the bathroom."

What if you’re a woman who has been sexually assaulted by another woman in a women’s restroom?
What if you’re a homosexual who has had the crap beaten out of him while being in the gender-appropriate restroom?
What if you’re young male who was the victim of an adult male exposing himself in the men’s restroom?

2 Likes

This woman sounds like those folks who cross the street to walk on the other side and blame it on “my fear of criminal activity from those people.”

2 Likes

Yes, there are women with deep voices, including those who are tall. Are the kids going to be afraid of Bea Arthur types? I’m sure various cisgendered people of various sexual orientations also would frighten a child not used to see them. This would include young white children who might find some big black person scary since they are unusual looking.

A director of the ACLU of all people should be able to handle this.

5 Likes

IOW, you can’t. My concerns about sexual predators become, in your ‘well-reasoned’ mind, bigotry against the transgendered.
Whatever - those reading this thread can judge whose hair is smoking.

Remember, it’s all about deflection for them. Make an inflammatory statement, wait for people to (rightfully) denounce it, then claim victim status and throw the bigot charge back at the mean, mean commenters. Rinse. Repeat.
(PS how does icepilot think these imaginary predators (dressed as women and just waiting for a trans bathroom bill) are going to enact their nefarious plans in a public school?)

6 Likes

What am I missing here? They are both post-operative, correct? If so, kind of doubt they would be noticed rendering the second paragraph is meaningless.

1 Like

Yeah, 'cause Jesus had so much to say about where & how to go to the bathroom.

7 Likes

What is the connection to sexual predators and your original statement about President Obama? That’s where you started the discussion. You linked “safety and privacy” of little girls to Obama “dictating” sexual norms. Then you conveniently stepped away from the sexual norms part and instead focused on this lurking threat to little kids. Please explain how, in a public school setting, your scenario of sexual predators works? Are there men dressed as woman waiting on the street corners near schools who just saunter into the girls’ bathroom? Walk us through your logic.

4 Likes

…respecting transgender rights while protecting women and children.

Even the framing is offensive. It implies that transgender people are threat to women and children, but they never offer any proof of this. When challenged, they go back to claiming it’s a matter of modesty, as though folks mill around in public restrooms looking at each others genitals.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available