Discussion: Spectacular Fail: House Votes Down GOP Bill To Avert DHS Shutdown

Yes, thanks. I understand. I was thinking about the “immigration riders.”

I still think the House should not get paid until they resolve this.

3 Likes

This is how government looks when Republicans are in charge. I hope you’re happy America.

2 Likes

“Right now I’m leaning to … standing my ground that what I’ve been saying for the last three months hasn’t been political bullshit…”

Stand your ground, Rep. Loony Roony…its all you clowns know how to do anyway. And btw, it hasn’t been 3 months of political bullshit…Its been about 6 years now you thugs have subjected the country to…

And here’s a big smooch-a-roo for Boneheaded Boner while we’re at it, for all the subpar work you do everyday on behalf of your raucous caucus…You couldn’t be a bigger failure if you tried. :kiss:

9 Likes

“The bottom line is you’ve got to be able to explain yourself to your constituents that you are not a total hypocrite.”

‘Hypocrite’ is really not the word you should be worried about. The one that SHOULD scare you is ‘incompetent.’

9 Likes

BTW,the press seem to be laughing with with that kissing jester yesterday,YUK,YUK, Now they are laughing at you Dumb A$$ C-L-O-W-N,John Boehner.

The GOP sure is tough on terror. LMFAO and SMH. Unbelievable.

3 Likes

Nancy Pelosi would never bring a bill up for a vote – unless she knew the votes were there. This fellow really does suck at his job.

4 Likes

And it does not look good for 2020 either given the number of state legislatures that are so overwhelmingly GOP. So the GOP may try diluting Dem votes even more. It may be up to the courts to stop it, as did one Florida judge not too long ago (from Vox):

The background is that in 2010, Florida’s voters approved a state constitutional amendment banning any redistricting intended “to favor or disfavor an incumbent or political party.” The measure passed with 62 percent support, but the process was still left to the state legislature, then (and now) controlled by Republicans.

When the GOP redistricted the following year, the maps they came up with seemed to many to be slanted in their favor. Indeed, in 2012 Republicans got 51 percent of the US House votes - but they ended up with 63 percent of the seats, 17 out of 27. The League of Women Voters, several media organizations, and some voters saw partisan motivations at play, and filed suit to try and get the districts thrown out.

Though the plaintiffs sued over many districts, Judge Lewis ruled that Florida’s 5th and 10th districts were improperly drawn. You can see what they look like in this map:

Screen_shot_2014-07-11_at_12.04.21_pm

Map: NationalAtlas.gov
The 5th district, Judge Lewis wrote, is “visually not compact, bizarrely shaped, and does not follow traditional political boundaries as it winds from Jacksonville to Orlando.” At one point, it “narrows to the width of Highway 17.” Meanwhile, the 10th district has, on its east side, what the judge calls “an odd-shaped appendage which wraps under and around District 5.” Judge Lewis ordered that both districts — and by extension, the districts they border — must be redrawn.

3 Likes

Speaker John Boehner is our nation’s BIGGEST FAILURE!

1 Like

Schadenfreudelicious!

2 Likes

Our tax dollars at work (shakes head in disgust)

1 Like

Time to tell Netanyahu that because of the shutdown of DHS that theUSA cannot supply enough security for his trip so they are asking him in the name of security that his trip be deferred until after the DHS has its funding back and can supply the level of security that the PM of a close ally deserves.

8 Likes

This is going to be the norm until the Democrats win both the senate and the house of representatives. I say to Democrats, GO OUT AND VOTE!

1 Like

Conservatives, WITHOUT FAIL, remind me of a combination of Yosemite Sam, Wile E. Coyote, and Elmer Fudd: You can always count on the bastards to bring the guns, the stupidity, and of course, incompetence & failure.

http://mx1.politicususa.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/image28.jpg

14 Likes

was actually watching this live on cnn and wolf/dana bash immediately started in that this was all on the democrats.

I will and i do and have voted. But I hafta wait two years to the next time. American government doesn’t have votes of no confidence like certain parliaments do and we don’t have snap elections like in many countries.

You don’t think TSA agents have any effect on security?

1 Like

Yeah, cause the drama is about to begin!

The Republican lunatics rule! Yeah?