Discussion: Sen. Perdue Poo-Poos Threats To Stop Filming In GA After Extreme Abortion Law

when they start squealing

1 Like

Coca-Cola? You’re next!

Plenty of swamps in Northern California! Gotta stick up for my state,

2 Likes

This type of action is all these clowns understand. They are only in it for the money, using abortion as a cynical wedge issue.

The economic repercussions caused by the NC bathroom bill were actually did help defeat McCrory, the then governor who backed the bathroom bill antics. Paypal was among companies that decided not to open centers there… 400 jobs were lost there as a result. Other boycotts such as certain organizations not holding conventions in NC were also effective, as well as basketball tournaments. All this stuff and the accompanying negative publicity helped unelect McCrory.

So, it can work in Georgia. It can be a very effective approach. This could be the beginning. Again, the approach is effective because of the publicity inasmuch as it gets people who normally don’t think about such issues to really think about them. Then they realize how unfair these sanctimonious clowns are and vote them out. Do it.

1 Like

As noted above, these boycotts and other actions worked in North Carolina to unseat the governor. It can work in Georgia. If nothing else, such actions could get more of the people of Atlanta who don’t bother to vote to get out there and do so, which can help immensely in senatorial, presidential, and governor races there.

1 Like

I haven’t gone to see a movie in at least 10 years. My daughter on the other hand goes at least once a week. In the past she has skipped films because of topic and or where filmed si I expect she may do the same. Yea no big deal as an individual but each adds up and eventually becomes serious cash.

1 Like

“Elevator…goooooooin’ up!”

“I’m OLD SOUTH!”

How did things work out in NC when companies overtly started pulling financially lucrative events, conventions and advertising? Yep, their worst days are ahead if this bullshit stands …

2 Likes

I live in Georgia, and we came within a very short distance of upsetting Brian Kemp, who signed this bill. It took every trick in the GOP arsenal to beat Stacey Abrams, and the political geography continues to change under his feet.

Meanwhile, I’d be less worried about the Georgia film industry than the political revolution that would result from the Supreme Court overturning Roe vs. Wade. Women are the majority in this country. Thank God. And many of the men they love, like me, are as angry about this as they are.

4 Likes

With this law in place, corporate america is going to have a real rough time trying to transfer or recruit the best and brightest women to Georgia.

Same goes for a lot of men, too. Especially if married or in a committed relationship.

It’ll be easy for them to bring in the morons, though.

3 Likes

Production companies don’t film in Georgia because it has unique scenery.

They do it primarily for the tax breaks.

There’s plenty of other places in North America they can go to get similar scenery and tax breaks. And these places will be actively courting them.

4 Likes

Just waiting on Marvel and Disney to chime in.

1 Like

Too bad Stacey Abrams isn’t challenging him.

Then surrender. Because that’s the other option.

Didn’t the film industry threaten this once before? I’m almost sure this went on record in the past and I’m not remembering the outcome.

I thought we were discussing film companies, that have the possibility of being ‘elsewhere’ and not in Georgia, leaving Georgia.

The poor citizens of Georgia are another topic of conversation.

It was losing the basketball tournament that did it.

We are talking about a non-resident industry and the fact that it won’t be able to protect its employees from this.

I do not get what YOU are talking about. You keep talking about ‘victims’ here as thought the LAW is not creating those victims.

I do not get what you are getting at.

HOW are YOU going about changing the law?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available