Discussion: School Of MAGA-Clad Students Mocking Native American Closes Amid Fallout

That’s False Argumentation Method 12: Guilt by Association.

The DemoBorg rolls on.

Nothing they would have done differently. The adults I saw stood there and watched.

1 Like

It’s not guilt by association when the person is actively in control over the situation as an authority figure, such as being the parents and school administration, referees, coaches, chaperones and others who could very easily reprimand and remove kids from a game or other situation in which their behavior or acts like being in black face are clearly abhorrent, inappropriate and need to be stopped and/or punished. Their failure to use their authority is an omission sanctioning the wrongful behavior, words and acts.

Do you really like losing arguments so much that you want to continue, because I’ll roll over you all day if you’d like.

8 Likes

There were 3 players. Pretty much all did things that I doubt I would have done. But the notion that “guilt must be associated with one party” and “one party is guilty and the peure Indian was dissed” simply does not hold at this time.

The main culprit in this entire situation is the need, the desperate, aching, burning need of the DemoBorg to find guilty white kids wearing MAGA hats. Guilty of really anything. That produced the rush to judgement. Calmer heads would have looked for context, but NOPE - we need a white kid to blame, because, well, we are white self-hating libruls, and that’s what we do - we blame white kids for stuff.

That’s the issue. The rush to judgement was a bad idea, and now the DemoBorg is 1) eating crow 2) desperately backpeddling and 3) finding other reasons to blame these kids.

Sad.

See, there you go - finding other ways to blame them. That’s a different situation. Were these kids the same? Have you checked? That’s guilt by association, and that’s not appropriate.

I volunteered for my daughter’s orchestra boosters when she was in high school. We had a fantastic director, an excellent music program, and our humble little public school orchestra was the New England Patriots of high school music competitions. I was very proud of her and her teacher and the rest of the orchestra, and for the most part, it was great fun and we all learned a great deal about classical music.

But the trips. Every year, the kids got to go on an out of town “educational” trip that involved at least one performance, whether in competition or as a concert, and once every 4 years or so, said trip would be out of the country. This was pre 9-11. I’m not sure they’re still going on out of country trips post 9/11.

These trips were expensive, the kids did lots of fundraising, and many families would go along on the trip as a family vacation. Parents, of course, were always welcomed and encouraged to go along, because they technically counted as “chaperones,” per school rules, and we had to maintain a certain ratio of male and female “adult chaperones” to students to be allowed to go.

But try asking or telling these parents–who are going along solely to see their child perform at Carnegie Hall or planning a longer vacation around the school trip – to please help the teacher and keep an eye out for the safety and well-being of kids in addition to their own. Or try telling some of the little darlings who were going on the trip sans parents that school rules apply even out of town and they were expected to behave themselves. I even had one parent ask me why in the world they were expected to supervise or correct others’ children.

Between parents who don’t want to be the adult in a crowd of young people and kids who apparently have never been taught to respect their elders or others, it’s a miracle anyone comes back from those trips alive with their sanity intact. I would tell freshman parents who were worried about who would be looking after their kid, You know your child. Ask yourself if your child is self-reliant enough and smart enough to know to avoid trouble or at least get out of the way if they see it coming. If you can’t answer or do not know, its best they not go.

I didn’t see many adults at all in the videos I’ve seen posted.

4 Likes

So many anti-abortion rallies, so little time for school.

6 Likes

Yep. My kids went on “cultural exchanges” to Germany. These were popular. You can drink in Germany in HS. My daughter kept a 40 page diary about all the beers she drank. I didn’t care - drinking in Germany is way different than in the USA. On one trip, 2 of the kids hit the bar before the trip back. They missed the plane. Supervision? Hah.

1 Like

I think that it’s the all-male, elite Catholic prep schools that are the issue here, not Catholic schools in general (many fall pretty far onto the progressive and liberal social justice end of Catholicism).

2 Likes

Liberals are required, REQUIRED, to “tolerate” the violently intolerant. Sounds like liberalism is supposed to be a suicide pact.

1 Like

I haven’t heard that, but if true, that explains a lot. Kids are bad enough when they are showing off for their peers, but when they are trying to impress a parent, yeah.

Not that I’m making excuses for this guy, but I honestly can’t imagine that he got to that place without adult guidance.

3 Likes

When MAGA hat boy hires a PR firm (Mitch McConnell’s buddy) you know he did something he should not have

5 Likes

Being from rural Pennsylvania, I actually can understand this. On my first school trip to DC, I was overwhelmed by everything that was not part of a museum or a monument - it was like another planet to me.

That said, it was the school’s job and parents’ job to teach and prepare the students to not be stupid and rude little assholes.

2 Likes

They wore the hats, and it was planned that way. Makes people notice them and also to start trouble.All they needed to do was not wear the hats.

3 Likes

Welp, there you go.

Andreev said he didn’t see the start of the interaction between Sandmann and the Omaha elder Nathan Phillips. He said he walked up to the scene in the middle of it.

Kind of belies the “you have to know who started it” line, doesn’t it.

No one with the Covington Catholic group at the time saw it as a confrontation, Andreev said. They didn’t think anything of it until the next day when social media erupted with outrage.

And there it is.

3 Likes

Phone wont and no PC access.

Of course they were. Women and girls are the ones who are causing all the problems by wanting abortions. If they’d just agree to let “boys be boys” and then carry the consequences to term and deal with all of it themselves, females wouldn’t need to be harassed. Isn’t that what they teach in Catholic boy’s schools?

4 Likes

That just got them started.

3 Likes

First, there’s zero indication the native american man did anything untoward at all. His only mistake was thinking he could get between the two groups of idiots in order to diffuse the situation. Seeing as how he’s a decorated veteran Marine and youth leader in his own right, I think I can forgive him the mistake of not recognizing that these kids are too far gone in their racist acculturation programming to be saved at this point.

Second, given the fact that the kids were doing tomahawk chops and war whooops, etc., not just “school chants” as the lying little racist MAGA-kkklown claimed in the letter written for him by the Jennings’ PR firm, yeah, the native american guy was being deeply disrespected, mocked and bullied by a crowd of budding white supremacists, culminating in a scene of just obvious and undeniable condescension and contempt from the one who chose to be their posterboy that it’s not really a debatable point.

Third, the little white prick is just trying to save his college application process from summary dismissal. He’ll now be attending Liberty University for a fake education is my guess.

Fourth, the context changes nothing about how deeply disturbing and reprehensible their behavior was. NOTHING. It also changes nothing about what a deeply disturbing and reprehensible statement their behavior makes about the prognosis of this country’s diseases of racism, xenophobia, white supremacy, Christian supremacy/nationalism and all around bigotry.

Fifth, a handful of angry weirdo black dudes screaming angry weirdo bullshit at a everyone on the street is wrong, but in no way excuses or justifies the behavior of the angry white pubescent mob of 50+ ill-raised children seen in those videos.

Sixth, there’s no “finding other ways to blame them.” Where I come from, you would’ve ended up sitting on the fucking bus while the other students enjoyed their day in the nation’s capital if you acted like any of them were in that roving mob of out-of-control teenage Kentucky acculturation kkklan programming…yelling, screaming, let loose on the sidewalks and parks, apparently “counter-protesting” anyone they came across that they could mock or yell at or feel their “freedom” of asserting their kkkult-like Trump worship. One of the chaperone parents or school authorities accompanying the trip would have been on your ass so fucking fast your head would spin. Same with showing up at a ball game in black-face. FACT: none of that discipline or accountability was forthcoming from anyone in authority over the little shits…in DC or at those ball games…BECAUSE THOSE ADULTS WERE LOVING IT AND LIVING OUT THEIR OWN RACIST THOUGHTS VICARIOUSLY THROUGH THEM. Blaming parents and school administrators and others in supposed control of those situations for their failure to exert that control is not “finding other ways to blame them.” It’s blaming them for what’s staring us in the face: the culture of racist white Christian nationalist bullshit they live in, perpetuate and are now raising their children to carry on. Failure to recognize it and hold it accountable only enables it to continue.

Seventh, your “DemoBorg” nonsense is fucking crap. Get a new shtick. You’ve been completely incapable of defending any of it here and now or previously. Dems/liberals aren’t packpedaling…and if you cite the MSM’s moonwalk nonsense as your “evidence” of it, then you’re just proving yourself a clown.

Lastly, if you have an argument that these MAGA KKKlown Kidz aren’t guilty of anything, are not deserving of reproach, reprimand or ridicule for their words and behavior THEN MAKE IT. You haven’t made it. All you’ve done is imply that to be the case solely on the basis of it coming out that some other folks behaved poorly as well. So let’s here it, champ. What’s your affirmative argument that they did nothing wrong or deserving of criticism. Ready? Go.

15 Likes

Thanks for posting that. The truth matters greatly.

'(Apparently, your mom being the Fidelity Vice President of Relationship Management does give your family connections.)"—I gotta think Fidelity is going to have to let her go. I’m sure they don’t want to have their name associated with this ugly affair.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available