Discussion: Remember Carson's $30K Dining Room Set? Looks Like It Was An Illegal Purchase

That business was OK until some assholes from Cleveland said they’d put a hit out on us if we didn’t shut down. So I said fuck it, and became a tool & die machinist for awhile.

Now, I am opening bidding for Puns…

One trip is all it takes. One. Studies have shown, with surprisingly robust statistical reliability, that for people who take psilocybin just once AND report having a mystical experience, they exhibit a full, one whole standard deviation shift increase in the psychological measure called “openness”…even a year later. It is considered a persistent and arguably permanent change in their psyche.

That doesn’t mean it happens for everyone though. They have to report having had the mystical type experience, which doesn’t happen for everyone (or every time if you’re doing it multiple times).

My first job was in a machine shop. I ended up running a lathe. An older timer with about 4 missing fingers called me aside one day and told me to forget machine shops and I took his advice. Time and skills learned there there were easily applied to wood later in life.

1 Like

Sounds like a cliche but I had a GOD experience.

2 Likes

I was more trying to get a creative writing contest going on the other thread…

3 Likes

Surprise…not in a million years.

1 Like

Ha…we commandeered one of those when we were kids…put a 2x4 through it as the axle, attached a couple more 2x4s to that…one on each side at a bit of an angle, then attached the front of those to a PowerWheels and rolled the contraption up the steepest hill in the neighborhood over and over to ride down in it. Was soooo much fun.

1 Like

Surprising we made it out of childhood.

2 Likes

Doesn’t sound cliche.

You can have that experience in a psychedelic trip that lasts exactly 10 minutes with DMT, the chemical equivalent of ayahuasca.

If you can find the DMT. sigh

2 Likes

After you mentioned it a while back I’ve asked around about that. Didn’t lead anywhere and to be honest I might be afraid to indulge anymore. I stopped all drugs after a trip to South America in 74.
Good to see you back on the site.

1 Like

I can believe it. I did a ton of that stuff in high school and college. Once, at Phish’s first big camping festival at Plattsburg Air Force Base in NY (about 65,000 people, 1996), I even did shrooms and acid at the same time and boy was that a weird experience lol. And of course, as I sat there chililng out in between sets, trying to come to grips with everything, the universe found a way to reassure me I wasn’t the craziest mofo in the crowd, because I got to watch some dude standing over by the soundboard tent in the middle of the crowd, while everyone was sitting down waiting for the next set…and he’s just standing there, staring around, left, right, up, down, like he’s never seen the Earth before, shirtless, shorts down around his ankles, pecker out and taking the longest hands-free piss I’ve ever seen…people fled…but he’s just standing there, staring around like he didn’t even realize he was doing it. I almost peed myself laughing. Then, of course, the men in yellow coats came, wrapped him in a blanket and led him away, spoiling all my fun haha. And in case anyone is wondering, there is indeed an entirely separate universe in every portapotty.

1 Like

I hope you all have a good weekend. I have to get some things done.

3 Likes

Always wanted to try that so I could talk to the aliens everyone reports meeting haha

I believe that the dining set shown in the photo accompanying this article is the original one, which was replaced by the $31,000 dining set. This old TPM post confirms my belief.

@kate_riga: Perhaps you should amend this article to clarify this point.

Bless you ma’am! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Buddhist it right to do so?

1 Like

Okay, how about “Wow, there was just so many aweful designs, but zen there was a nice one…”

(Again, let the record show I did not start this one, it was @rascal_crone!) :sunglasses:

2 Likes

dojo blame you terrible word humor on me

2 Likes

More like a cute, sopping wet little mistress who hand scrubs…er…never mind.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available