Discussion: Remember Carson's $30K Dining Room Set? Looks Like It Was An Illegal Purchase

Must include running all new plumbing from the street.

5 Likes

Do tell
criminality in the Trump “Administration”? Unpossible.

4 Likes

So, let me get this straight, Ben Carson’s wife is guilty of treason?

5 Likes

Ugly furniture hurts my feelings. Just say’n.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Why would you want to hurt my feelings? TPM posters seem especially vicious today. Sigh.

5 Likes

12 Likes

"Mr. Secretary,

My name is Count Victor Lustig and I have an excellent deal on a dining set for your new office along with a dishwasher that are real steals. I think they will really bring the room together. Only $30000 for the tables and chairs and another $8000 for the dishwasher. You won’t find better quality on the open market. You can wire the funds to my Swiss bank account and I’ll have the items delivered post-haste. You won’t be disappointed with the quality.

Sincerely,
–Count Victor Lustig"

5 Likes

1971 called. They want their décor back.

7 Likes

on the list/scale of this administration’s crimes against the country, this one falls under ‘yeah, so what’

Fun fact: the easy chair and trump’s toupee are made out of the same material.

3 Likes

Itchy prepares to do some apres dinner cleanup with his new

$8,000 prototype dishwasher, followed by a nice long nap.

3 Likes

These grifters who are supposed to such "big dealers"must have bought themselves a dining room set that fell off the back of a truck, that’s for sure. The furniture in the photo looks like IKEA rejects, more likely worth $315.61.
I’d be more interested in finding out who got the rest of the money. Does Cheatin’ Ben have a cousin named Bruno, by any chance?

2 Likes

4 Likes

Nobody expected him to sit on the floor, but Carson is the kind of Secretary who’d make the floor wasteful if he ever had to sit on the floor.

3 Likes

One word, Secretary Carson:

Costco.

4 Likes

Something is either off or missing. Is paying for replacement items above $5,000 a longstanding HUD policy or a new Trumpian one? I doubt that career administrative staff would make this kind of error, more likely, they were overruled by their new overlords. If it was done under Obama, Bush or Clinton, give us the examples. If it wasn’t, time for Dr. Ben to attach a large personal check along with the retroactive request for new furnishings.

4 Likes

The '70s - proof that it took years for all those drugs in the '60s to clear out of your system.

Maybe Nancy Reagan was right, my friends - this would be why you should just say “No!” to drugs! (or get a better dealer
)

6 Likes

I guess it depends on the degree to which you over-indulged.

I bought a lava lamp the other day.

4 Likes

Yeah, but have been sitting in front of it ever since, marveling at the cool effects? And if so, did you actually plug it in yet?

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available