Discussion: READ: Mueller Files Sentencing Memo Rebuttal To Michael Flynn

Not sure what fishing for a pardon gets him, especially if he was looking at no time in the goosehow. Still a convicted felon.

Also, not sure how jeopardizing no jail time furthers his, Er, right wing bona fides, vis-a-vis future wingnut welfare. He’s a martyr either way.

This is just a flash grenade of stoopid.

Am I missing something?

5 Likes

My guess is that Flynn has been lying throughout…he’s just better at it than Manafort.

4 Likes

Flynn should stop watching Fox News, they had Trey Gowdy yesterday saying what a huge prosecution misconduct it was to not have warned him and not let him have a lawyer present.

4 Likes

A pardon-as versus a commutation-- makes him NOT a convicted felon. I wonder if felon status impacts his military pension or a possible Court Martial?

Also, the victimhood helps wingnut welfare

ETA: I looked up impact of felonius behavior on military retirement. Two interesting answers:

1. Military retirement cannot be revoked. Although, the person drawing retirement can lose entitlement to where they are brought back into active duty, prosecuted at court martial and receive a punitive discharge at the court martial. There is no other way to stop retirement pay other than the death of the recipient.
    Military Retirement Laws – Questions on Military Retirement Answered
    https://www.justanswer.com/topics-retirement/

and, in relation to getting your pension while in prison (no double dipping!)

Can you lose your military retirement if convicted of a felony?
VA Disability Pension. If you are imprisoned in a Federal, State or local penal institution as the result of conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, such pension payment will be discontinued effective on the 61st day of imprisonment following conviction.
Incarcerated Veterans | Military.com
https://www.military.com/benefits/veteran-benefits/incarcerated-veterans.html

So Lock Him Up is insufficient. He needs to be recalled to duty!

2 Likes

Pathetic POS is this Michael Flynn is. One day assuming responsibility and shit. The next day whining about unfairness pppor little old me. I guess they don’t teach Honor and Integrity in the Army any more (and by judging Kelly neither in the Marines, nor the Navy see Zinke ).

No wonder Obama went out of his way to warn Trump about this turd. But turds is what Trump wants, even has one for wife.

6 Likes

I loved reading this smack down of Flynn and his attorneys. Flynn deserves jail for at least as long as Papadopoulos.

8 Likes

Thanks, P. I thought even if you were pardoned you were still considered a convicted felon - as in what Arpaio was bitching about (though a misdemeanor). Didn’t Judge Bolton refuse to vacate Arpaio’s conviction?

ETA: I don’t think it matters much either way for rethug rehab, and certainly not worth risking jail time. Hell wasn’t he already engaged in some facacta company while turning evidence?

1 Like

“Never ascribe to malice, that which is adequately explained by stupidity…”

8 Likes

Arpaio was a (ETA: civil) contempt citation which is against the court, so some different rules there IIRC

4 Likes

“nothing about the way the interview was arranged or conducted caused the defendant to make false statements to the FBI.”
Direct, succinct with an overtones of a wolf cookie diet.

7 Likes

Or, we can certainly abide by the alternative.,

There is no other way to stop retirement pay other than the death of the recipient.

1 Like

What a sniveling little punk he’s become. Far is the fall from grace. If he was an honorable man, he’d be saying “Hit me with your best shot; I deserve it.”

4 Likes

Maybe they did this to get Flynn in prison, safely away from the Russians and their poisonous darts.

Thanks for the clarification. I was pre-law for only one semester in college, then decided to pursue something more lucrative and majored in philosophy.

20 Likes

Liked x infinity

:laughing:

7 Likes

I was so pleased that @tena liked my reply. It means that this STEMer learned some legal shit via TPM. Whoo Hoo!

4 Likes

Only in these cases (entire GOP), the reverse is also true.

3 Likes

Truth. As the first person in my to graduate, I assure you my parents were thrilled. Even the double major in English failed to act as pablum to the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

5 Likes

I can hear it. I was the first person in my little family to go to college - my dad didn’t finish school at all. In undergrad I decided I was going to major in art and specialize in making pottery. My father said over his dead body - I could do that for a hobby.

So I went to law school.

11 Likes

Was George Papadopoulos’ Russian bride Simona Mamadopolous on Putin whore Mike Flynn’s legal defense team? Was Simona helping Kelner and Anthony who filed the sentencing brief?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available