Discussion: READ: Mueller Files Sentencing Memo Rebuttal To Michael Flynn

Guess my parents weren’t as savvy

2 Likes

I knew the absolute limit to which I could push my father because i did my best during my teenage years. I was very spoiled and indulged and that’s one way to find out how far you can go, believe it or not, and that was as far as he was having it with my education. It meant too much to the two of them.

He would have been fine with philosophy - anything where I used my brain. It was the pottery that got him.

5 Likes

Why is Mike Flynn the only rat that Preshitident Skanky-Manslut has not railed against? There is something seriously the issue here. Is Flynn in the market for Manhattan apartments? Is he dating Iwanka?

2 Likes

I was a pottery major, and your dad was right. :smile:

9 Likes

:laughing:

I really loved doing it while I was doing it.

2 Likes
  1. Original SCO recommendation: a sentence at the low end of the guidelines (0-6 months), with the possibility of no incarceration explicitly mentioned.

2. Then came Kelner’s memo on behalf of Flynn.

3. New SCO recommendation: a sentence at the low end of the guidelines (0-6 months), this time with no explicit mention of the possibility of no incarceration.

Officially, nothing else changed.

Why did Kelner (Flynn’s attorney) include that section in his memo?

Two possibilities, not mutually exclusive: (1) Over the years this particular judge has shown himself to be very sensitive to prosecutorial misconduct. He has thrown out entire cases on this basis alone. Appealing to this side of him was an attempt to further ensure a zero-month sentence. (2) To provide cover for a presidential pardon.

@cabchi @nemo

6 Likes

In theory: yes.

In the circumstances of this particular case (extended cooperation): unlikely.

1 Like

Thx, but sadz

2 Likes

I’m not so sure. I think that would be seen as flat-out obstruction by Trump and cause him even more trouble.

4 Likes

Lock the son of a bitch up, I say.

2 Likes

I still fire a few times a year, maybe a hundred pieces, pit fired burnished black on black. It still brings me satisfaction.

5 Likes

O that sounds lovely. I’m sure it does - there is nothing else like it. I do think it’s really special.

1 Like

From getting no jail time to now maybe going to jail. Flynn can thank his lawyers for that.

2 Likes

In other news, the Washington Post is reporting that Mattis has recommended Reince Priebus for a commission in the Naval Reserve as an Intelligence Officer.

2 Likes

That’s downright surreal.

3 Likes

Lock Him Up! The nerve of this man feeding false narratives to his conservative cohorts in the face of Mueller’s decency toward him!

4 Likes

Ahhhhhhh, but clay!

1 Like

In their own memo filed Tuesday, Flynn’s defense attorneys asked he be spared prison time for his “uncharacteristic error in judgment.”

Uncharacteristic error in judgment?” What about contracting, for millions, to kidnap and deliver to Turkey, for state-sponsored murder, a Permanent US Resident? Where on the “Characteristic”/“Uncharacteristic” error in judgment sprectrum would a scene like that fall?

3 Likes

So we still don’t know WHY Flynn lied to the FBI. He knew there were intercepts certainly. When WaPo broke the story, he seemed surprised that the intercepts had been seen. I wonder if he thought his boy-wonder Ezra Cohen-Watnick would have deep-sixed them somehow?

3 Likes

“Mueller notes that Flynn also falsely told the Washington Post, Vice President Mike Pence, then-Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and then-Press Secretary Sean Spicer that he did not discuss sanctions with the then-Russian Ambassador to the U.S. before President Trump took office.”

I’m not convinced that this is true. How do we know that Flynn didn’t tell Pence. Isn’t it just as likely that Pence lied about what Flynn told him? I believe we later learned that Flynn was communicating with many of the usual suspects (via texting KT McFarland) immediately before and after the call to Kislyak. We don’t have evidence that he told Pence, but I’m not sure we have evidence that he lied to Pence.

Does stating this with certainty limit Muellers options in future?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available