Discussion: READ: Mueller Files Sentencing Memo Rebuttal To Michael Flynn

Clearly watching too much Fox News. Also, important to remember Republicans are never wrong, just misunderstood; they never lose, their messaging just should have been better; they never talk treason, just joke.

Hopefully that helps.

10 Likes

Take that Foolish Flynn. Maybe you’ll get some jail time after all.

10 Likes

To me, the most interesting thing about Flynn’s own memo is that his lawyer must have secretly shared a draft of it with Trump within the past couple weeks, because Trump has been saying exactly the same thing recently— “Flynn’s a good man and the FBI tricked him into admitting a crime he didn’t commit.” The question is, What is their strategy here? Anyone’s guess, but it would be a nice set up for Trump’s first RussiaGate pardon, focusing on “FBI Corrupt Trickery”. After the first one, the argument for all the other pardons to come can just be Xeroxed from this one.

24 Likes

Witness tampering
Washing money
Obstruction
Campaign finance fraud
And…the House Dems are going to subpoena his TAX RETURNS

Afraid doesn’t begin to describe it.

12 Likes

“A sitting National Security Advisor, former head of an intelligence agency, retired Lieutenant General, and 33-year veteran of the armed forces knows he should not lie to federal Agents,” Mueller said.

The defendants last name is Flynn and not Trump, right?

And his lawyers are Kelner and Anthony and not Cohen and Giuliani?

Just asking…

6 Likes

Can a convicted Flynn be charged with additional crimes if they show up in other portions of hte investigation? such as passing info to Kushner and thus to Moe (MbS)?

4 Likes

Trump wishing he listened to Obama? I have an open seat at my weekly poker game if you want to sit in.

9 Likes

Flynn is a retired Army lieutenant general and former national security advisor to the president, and we are asked by Flynn and his lawyers to believe he did not know lying to FBI was a crime. I hope Flynn gets some jail time.

19 Likes

Hey Mike? Think your lawyers just assured jail time.

8 Likes

Maybe Flynn wanted that in there as part of future wingnut welfare cash-in (ETA: or a pardon excuse!) . He obviously has been subject to conspiratorial thinking before (Lock Her Up!), so this is more of the poor-poor-pitiful-me victim defense. I don’t think he has ANY real remorse beyond getting caught. He is a better father though than Donnie, and wanted to keep his kid out of jeopardy, so he sang like a tweety.

ETA#2 for typos

10 Likes

I wonder if that’s in play here.

“So unfair”
“He’s a good man”
“Tricked! Into lying”

That would be fucking insane.

So yeah, I guess a pardon is a possibility.

7 Likes

Flynn’s memo is so stupid as a plea in mitigation that it must serve some other purpose. A moment’s reflection leads to the thought that he is making a play for a pardon, or is confident of a pardon. It would make great sense for Trump to pardon Flynn, who has a huge following on the right and is not a family member, as way to inoculate everyone with respect to future pardons for Jr and Kushner. In fact if it’s your thesis that Mueller is conducting a witch hunt, you almost have to pardon Flynn to support your own case and show some fight.

16 Likes

…failing to notify the retired general that it is a crime to lie to the FBI.

Sorry I only tell the truth when I know I will be charged with a crime. Character baby, WTF?!

9 Likes

11 Likes

Even shorter Mueller:

Don’t be bringing that lame bullshit up in here, Flynn.

12 Likes

Lock the SOB up. He is signaling his next move to reinstate himself with the right wing. Lock that traitor up, even a few weeks is better than letting him off with no jail time.

23 Likes

What could the poor, hapless, helpless, and brainless Trump do but rely on Obama’s evaluation of this liar that led to the general’s appointment as the head of DIA?

Obama must be held accountable for his despicable choice for the DIA.

1 Like

That’s a hammer down hard.

Wow.

3-6 months.

LOCK
HIM
UP.

5 Likes

This is a smackdown with style! “Indicia” is my new favorite word for today and I will likely use it multiple times. I especially love the closing line "assuming the defendant continues to accept responsibility for his actions.” Such a weak but not surprising response. He hasn’t been contrite since he got caught…none of these idiots have been

7 Likes

It’s not just Flynn’s lawyer. It’s the menace and evil from Trump which places everyone in his orbit with S.E.

Stoopid
Entitlement

This has been played out with Manafort and Papado and it validates Rick Wilson’s ETTD as much as anything. I had a notion that Flynn FELT the way his lawyer articulated even before the plea agreement was articulated.

But I would never in 10,000 years believe that Flynn’s ETTD would lead him and his lawyer to ACT as stoopidly as they did.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available