Discussion: Mueller And House Dems Tussle Over Terms Of His Testimony

“The special counsel reportedly fears that he’ll come off as political after conducting his two-year investigation behind the scenes.”

Hey Silent Bob, that ship sailed when your boss smeared two years’ of work along with your reputation.

16 Likes

Once again, the spectre of James Bleeping Comey’s incredibly cowardly bungling of the '16 Clinton campaign AND infamous dickhead Anthony Weiner’s laptop casts a pall on the national dialogue:

‘Mueller afraid of coming off as another Comey.’

10 Likes

Who would believe that a hearing about the president* obstructing justice and tiptoeing up to (and probably crossing) the line to treson could be construed as political?

OF COURSE it’s fucking political, it’s about crimes committed by politician who some happens to be president* of the U.S.A! Bob, it’s well past time to stop worrying about your current reputation and start thinking about your legacy and your country.

14 Likes

Mr. Mueller, I believe the phrase you’re looking for is “You can’t handle the truth.”

6 Likes

That’s because it takes the focus off of him. Narcissists abhor the spotlight anywhere else but upon them.

4 Likes

Jump school, Ranger school, commander of a USMC infantry line company in Vietnam facing Viet Cong and NVA regulars for his entire tour, but he’s afraid to face the American public over Trump’s obstruction??? If he is afraid to be seen as political if he testifies in public, how does he think it will look if he doesn’t testify in public? Looks like he’s concerned how the Republican public will view him.

17 Likes

Interesting twist…

16 Likes

From a Republican?

Pfft.

Mueller is just another Republican who doesn’t respect the House Democrats.

Pelosi, Nadler, and most of the House Democrats are just paper tigers.

Meow.

1 Like

Exactly!

And that sign has been in that store window since, i don’t know, about 1933.

3 Likes

Ordinarily yes, but I think Mr. Mueller is not your typical republican. Just the fact that he ran such a high profile investigation for close to two years, and never tipped his hand suggests to me that he was determined to find the truth. He just got hamstrung and clotheslined by DOJ.

8 Likes

Dammit, Mueller at some point has to step up to the plate and take the heat.

4 Likes

DOJ will NOT solve this, by policy and by choice.

You basically made an impeachment referral. Impeachment is inherently political and is the only path forward for accountability.

4 Likes

Uhh, Bobby boy . . . the American people paid tens of millions of dollars for salaries and expenses for you and your team for two years. We have a right to know what we bought. You can’t seriously be suggesting that, with everything you know about the criminal in the Oval Office, you’re more concerned about preserving your image than with ensuring that justice is done!

15 Likes

Ah. Right. The old GOP defense: Nobody Could Have Predicted™.

1 Like

:moneybag:

1 Like

It bears repeating.

10 Likes

Maybe Mueller is just trying to avoid McCabe’s fate.

2 Likes

It’s a generation thing. The senior Democrats are stuck in 1999, regardless of ideology. They’re literally twenty years over the hill. They have anachronistic political instincts that were shaped by Reagan and Clinton and Cronkite.

3 Likes

Well, I need to extinguish my hair right now and go get coffee. Those beans won’t grind themselves.

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available