Discussion: Mueller And House Dems Tussle Over Terms Of His Testimony

We are losing the battle for the persuadables. We need a carefully crafted PR initiative to get information out in a simplified, understandable form to the public at large. Public testimony by Mueller regarding the facts is critical to this effort. People need to hear it directly from him.

4 Likes

He probably has a military and other pensions. And could go to any number of prestigious law firms.

Is Mueller afraid that his honest testimony will hurt the feelings of his Republican pals?

Aw, gosh…

5 Likes

Keep that spine stiff, Mr. Chairman.

3 Likes

You sure? Because near as I can tell most of the press keeps bringing up Comey’s honor and incorruptibilty rather than his incompetence and fecklessness.

I don’t know if you’re being snarky, but IMO, anyone who thinks along those lines can stick their patronizing paternalism where the sun never shone. I hope I haven’t offended you (I read this comment as snark), but I’m sick of the supposed leaders and so-called “grownups in the room” treating the alleged unwashed simpletons like delicate flowers. We’ll handle whatever we have to handle, but we have to know what we’re up against.

Actually you said it
What is wrong with Republicans? Fucking COWARDs! No words. None.

Party before country
ALWAYS
Lie
ALWAYS
Cheat
ALWAYS

Get, not review the report then it’s time for the “enforcement action.”

3 Likes

Mueller comes from a very wealthy family. He is not hurting for money at all. He could have done nothing after Vietnam and family money would have taken care of him forever. Trump has done everything imaginable to discredit and slander his reputation so I find it pretty baffling that he is hesitant to speak truth to power in public. After what Trump has tried to do to his reputation already you’d think he would be eager to testify in public. Maybe he doesn’t want the McCabe treatment to be the final chapter in a long career of public service.

7 Likes

Is that the sound of the other side blinking?

4 Likes

Remember when Barr and Mueller being friends meant that it was all eleventy-dimensional chess, with the fix being in AGAINST Trump?

Turns out it was the opposite.

3 Likes

You forgot steal.

1 Like

Not publicly testifying is itself political.

17 Likes

Devil is in the details. Schiff and the committee must have full access, along with staff. Not just a peak with no notes or staff present.

7 Likes

If Mueller is afraid he will come off as “political” then I imagine that Barr wouldn’t like his testimony. Because if Mueller does testify that he thinks Barr misrepresented his report (as the leaked letter says) then the obvious follow up question is what was the difference between the two.

I think Mueller needs to explain why he did not notify Congress that Barr, Whitacre, Rosey, et al impeded his investigation. I think he needs to explain that absent the DOJ “policy” over not indicting a sitting President would he have recommended prosecution.

I can somewhat see Mueller’s unwillingness to testify openly. Comey is a man without a country and I’ll bet Mueller would not like to be on the same boat with Gentleman Jim.

3 Likes

ETTD

Trump makes people take sides. It’s easy to get baited by his henchmen (Meadows, Jordan, etc.).

With the future of the country at stake, Mueller has GOT to come off as Democratic Party-free as possible. I remember the rise they put on Cohen in February…and the country was not at the kind of risk we have right now.

That said, I hope for an Open Session hearing with some private session accommodations with the emphasis on getting information to the People, especially in the Open Sessions

5 Likes

Trump appoints only the best people:

4 Likes

Explain what you mean by saying this as if it is fact.

More likely he had lunch with Barr.

Barr: “You know, Bob, this is much more serious than just an orange-colored idiot messing up the presidency. You’ve looked into the hole. It goes all the way through the center of the world.”

Mueller: “Yes, and it’s worse than you think. Everyone’s connected to this.”

Barr: “So what do you do Bob? You gonna pull on a thread that unravels everything America has been led to believe in?”

Mueller munches on his sandwich. He stares off into the distance. We follow his gaze to wealthy people with shopping bags laughing across the street.

6 Likes

Oh, FFS… (seems like I say that a lot these days)…

Now DOJ is engaging in political blackmail…

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available