Discussion: Mike Cernovich Posts Twitter Thread With Male Fashion Advice

I FOUND TOM NICHOLS’ TPM ACCOUNT

:laughing:

For real. Just, like, crap, polo and khakis at the airport? Can you do that? I don’t think I’m asking too much.

4 Likes

Who’s Tom Nichols?

I’m perfectly good with jeans. Just long pants, please.

2 Likes

Sigh…
Something Latent This Way Comes…

5 Likes

Seniors wear cargo shorts because they’re easy and comfortable. And the baseball cap is b/c you don’t have to comb your hair (_once again, seniors, b/c we basically don’t give a shit). But a 40 yo guy wearing cargo shorts ain’t happening. And tight sleeves never works. Short sleeves are for junior GI’s.

But we’re mostly overweight Americans and that’s never a good look no matter what one’s wearing. Sandals okay but no flip flops. Or a pony tail over a certain age (?). If you want to know how to dress go to Europe and just walk around. And remember, only old Italian men can wear red pants while riding a bicycle.

1 Like

OMG, I can’t stop laughing! :joy: :laughing: I have no idea who this idiot is but he sounds as much like an asshole as he looks! :joy: This has got to me my favorite fail - what the fuck is he dressing for, a gig with bros at the Holiday Inn bar? I especially like the poorly tied tie and how it drifts to one side! :laughing: :laughing:

And

Remember a Women notice shoes immediately.

What the hell does that even mean? And who told dorkus that a plaid shirt and jeans was a stand out outfit?

No, I just can’t stop laughing at this guy! :joy: :sweat_smile: { sigh, I really needed to laugh! }

12 Likes

Naval War College professor, active on twitter, on a crusade against barefootedness on airplanes. One might describe him as a conservative but one of the real true-blue (no pun intended) never-Trumpers. Wrote a book titled something like “The Death of Expertise”. Likes cats.

3 Likes

Wait, are you one of those that insists people dress up when flying? I do draw the line at a few things, usually things that let us understand our fellow passengers anatomical flaws too well.

2 Likes

Be nice, that piped jacket and tie were his Dr. Who try out outfit. Didn’t work. Oddly Dr. Who lately is a woman.

4 Likes

OMG, that makes it even funnier!

(I still can’t stop laughing so @tiowally maybe that’s why this is here on TPM) :joy:

4 Likes

Cernovich: “The biggest fashion mistake straight men make is being afraid of colors.”

Be afraid! Be afraid! Be afraid!

11 Likes

Less prescriptivist, more habitual. If you gaze long enough into an airliner as though it were a bus, the airliner will bus-gaze back into you.

Nothing wrong with a bus, mind. But we’re all setting expectations for each other.

4 Likes

Who goes barefoot on a plane? You can’t do that!

3 Likes

???

1 Like

I know. Doesn’t it make you wonder?

The biggest fashion mistake straight men make is being afraid of colors.

White is not a color, IMHO (white pants? Really?).
I pushed this past my straight wife. We both have plentiful gay family and close friends. I think they would agree with us that the money shot is the bike pic, but sooo many runners-up.

1 Like

If you gaze long enough into an airliner as though it were a bus, the airliner will bus-gaze back into you.

I’m gonna remember that. And it’s really funny but I think you’re only half-kidding.

1 Like

Ball caps are the toupees of the older cargo-shorts set.

8 Likes

I may be dating myself, but it’s like a Lite-Brite in plaid form.

6 Likes

I am old enough to remember made to “dress up” for any trip. US to Japan and back, sport coat, tie the works for example. Misery. My wife who is older suffered through the 50s and 60s with her own version of being required to “dress up”. I stopped caring a long time ago as long as people are decent and not offensive. As I said, jeans all the way for me. If it was business, I carried my suit with me and changed before heading for the rental. Seating is too damn tight to be uncomfortable now any ways.

4 Likes

That, too.

1 Like

Don’t insist on it at all. The fact that others don’t makes my service that much better.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available