Discussion: Mike Cernovich Posts Twitter Thread With Male Fashion Advice

God Almighty! Back in the day he’d get punched out for riding a girl’s bike.

1 Like

Clean and in salable condition* and you’ll hear no complaint from me! Suits are silly, but don’t wear your dang pajamas across an international border.

.* please do skip the Hooter’s t-shirt, though

Service?

2 Likes

You should give a shit. We’re seniors we do. It gets noticed in nice ways.

1 Like

Not even one-quarter kidding. Brought to you from the wear a button-up long-sleeve for your phone interview school of thought.

You talk different, act different. Or at least I do.

3 Likes

Never date yourself. The company is boring, both parties know each-others jokes, family history and the whole lot.

8 Likes

Especially red ones. With white writing. :smirk:

4 Likes

I have many, many backpacks, leave the backpacks alone and no one will get hurt.

3 Likes

Keep them out of my face and off my feet in cafes. Then ok.

4 Likes

Upgrades, help with service on cancelled flights and re-routing, extra drinks in economy class, etc.

2 Likes

Many very huge, very large backpacks! The greatest, most big backpacks. So many backpacks, such big backpacks you’ll get sick of backpacks.

2 Likes

Well…how about we agree to disagree?

Of course, the better, more important thing is to be courteous in language and mannerism. But looking like you are going to work rather than rolling out of bed? Especially when they had to dress professionally to be judged fit to serve you? That doesn’t hurt.

I feel like the grumpiest, most surly old man right now, ironically.

1 Like

I like jeans, I used to be able to wear jeans to work for 15 years, but now it’s active wear, not sweatpants though I still have some, but yea jeans are good sometimes.

1 Like

Both are important. Being polite helps, but if you look like a homeless person, they’ve dismissed you before you even say hello.

2 Likes

To clarify: if I’m going food shopping or picking up lumber for a home project, I don’t care. But going out to lunch or dinner I make a real effort. Even to a place like Chili’s I won’t wear a tee shirt. Olive Garden, anything goes.

2 Likes

Yasss!! I never leave leave home without a fashionable photographer’s utility vest. Go vest young man.

10 Likes

That only covers fine dining establishments where the chairs have wheels.

What about your Golden Corral attire?

8 Likes

I wore jeans during most of my business life after I moved into IT.

5 Likes

Never had an issue like that. I just let my personality shine on through my sloth. (cough)(stomping foot three times)

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available