Discussion: Kobach Will Consider Being Immigration Czar...But Only If His Conditions Are Met

12 A Miata

1. Office in the West Wing.
  2. Walk-in privileges with the president.
  3. Assistant to the President rank - at highest pay level for WH senior staff.
  4. Staff of 7 people (2 attorneys, 2 research analysts, 1 scheduler, 1 media person, 1 assistant).
  5. POTUS sits down individually with Czar and the secretaries of Homeland Security, Defense, Justice, Ag, Interior, and Commerce, and tells each of the Secretaries to follow the directives of the Czar without delay, subject to appeal to the President in cases of disagreement.
  6. 24/7 access to either a DHS or DOD jet. Czar must be on the border every week.
  7. Ability to spend weekends in KS with family on way from border back to DC, unless POTUS needs Czar elsewhere.
  8. Security detail if deemed necessary after security review.
  9. Serve as the face of Trump immigration policy - the principal spokesman on television and in the media.
  10. Promise that by November 1, 2019, the president will nominate Kris Kobach to be DHS Secretary, unless Kobach wishes to continue in Czar position.
1 Like

Now they want the graft in writing.

1 Like

Kobach forgot personal chef. But I’d think he mostly favors chicken fried steak and biscuits.

3 Likes

Three new demands:

1. $100,000 in cash
  2. a getaway car
  3. the letter ‘M’ must be stricken from the English language

(hat tip to Steve Martin)

7 Likes

Not to worry, Kenny boy will have all of those things and then some. That boy is just as crooked as the Kobach swine.

Man, remember the freakouts about Obama having too many czars?

I do.

4 Likes

Thirteen - Victoria Jackson must return his calls at all times.

2 Likes

The White House was reportedly taken aback by Kobach’s presumptuousness.

It would seem they’ve never actually met him before, or heard about any of his prior activities. Just a name they glommed onto after he was mentioned on FoxNews.

3 Likes

While I have to laugh at Kobach’s humbling, I still fear the worst with Cooch set to take his place.

7 Likes

Poor Kris.

3 Likes

You’re right. Cooch is no step up.

1 Like

When you’re too much of a clown to work in this White House, it’s time for some inner reflection.

1 Like

How else can he run for President in 2024?

That is his plan; Be the worst of the bunch and trumpet his Fascist Credentials at every turn to set up for a 2024 run.

2 Likes

No, they’re basically policy advisors for specific topics, charged with coming up with things that the president and cabinet then implement. In that sense, they have little real power, since they have no legal authority; Kobach asking the president to make DHS listen to him is actually not that out there, since otherwise he could easily he sidelined.

In a more sinister view, czars are sub-presidents who feed things up to the president that he’s too busy (or in this case, ignorant/stupid) to deal with, and since the president often accepts their takes uncritically, they have tremendous power.

2 Likes

How about one of these filled with rabid ferrets to keep things lively?

3 Likes

Just imagining the screaming on Fox if ANY Democrat had this list of demands.

1 Like

Kellyanne Conway?

I suspect the ulterior motive for leaking this story, is the upcoming announcement of someone else for the position of anti-immigration policy chief – someone who wants to rescind birthright citizenship.

Yet another hardliner appointment to a policy making position

3 Likes

Meanwhile, Rick Perry still has a job with this administration, though I will note his main duty appears to be acting as designated survivor during SOTU addresses.

6 Likes

When I see him I always think of Jethro of the Beverly Hillbillies. Except that was fiction and the actor was just playing dumb. Kobach is the real deal.

I still think he should be the King of Kansas. That’s what God wants.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available