Discussion: Kobach Will Consider Being Immigration Czar...But Only If His Conditions Are Met

2 Likes

The douche is strong in this one, Obi Wan.

35 Likes

Negotiating points, amirite?

5 Likes

Dear Kris: GFY

27 Likes

Wow, for a persistent loser, he sure has a high opinion of himself. Trump may be perverted enough to give him the job, just so he can piss on him at every opportunity to get even with him for making idiotic demands.

25 Likes

I thought beggars couldn’t be choosers. Not like job prospects are beating down his door.

4 Likes

Weekends off. It’s as if he has never been a high government official before.

Perhaps some remedial courses.

15 Likes

But Only If His Conditions Are Met
You left out a free lifetime membership to Donnie’s Narcissist Anonymous Club

8 Likes

24hr access to govt plane, west wing office, walk-in privileges to oval office, weekends off…
and this is just for a temp job he’ll only accept on the condition he gets a massive promotion in 6 months.
goddamn, I’ve been doing it wrong.

30 Likes

#11. A pony.

51 Likes

Kobach in charge of the border? Wonder how many citizens will be stripped of their passports coming back from vacations and deported back to the vacation spot as illegals, with his Kansas-proven citizen list cleanups…

11 Likes

I see a cage match between him and Stephen Miller in the works. Let’s hope it’s pay-per-view.

18 Likes

Here are three of K-K-Kobach’s demands (emphasis added):

1. Staff of 7 people (2 attorneys, 2 research analysts, 1 scheduler, 1 media person, 1 assistant).
  1. POTUS sits down individually with Czar and the secretaries of Homeland Security, Defense, Justice, Ag, Interior, and Commerce, and tells each of the Secretaries to follow the directives of the Czar without delay, subject to appeal to the President in cases of disagreement.
  2. 24/7 access to either a DHS or DOD jet. Czar must be on the border every week.

He wants a scheduler. and a media person, and an assistant. He’s expecting to be one busy, busy beaver, isn’t he? The attorneys make sense (he’s such a shitty lawyer himself he needs the help) and a couple of honest research analysts might help him, too. Key word there being honest, and I doubt K-K-Kobach would put up with someone who had to constantly explain to him exactly how full of shit he really is.

I don’t think Cabinet Secretaries would take very well to being ordered around by a SPA: they are Senate-confirmed officers in charge of their departments. A SPA isn’t even in the chain of command. Well, Secretaries are supposed to be Senate-confirmed, but with Fat Nixon we seem to have permanent Acting Secretaries. Maybe the move to upend the org chart would work. (Certainly in any reputable Administration a meeting like that would result in a bunch of resignations.)

And he wants an Air Force Gulfstream at his beck and call. As my mother-in-law was fond of saying, “People in hell want ice cubes, K-K-Kris.”

26 Likes

I’d pay to see that if they were armed with straight razors.

4 Likes

It’s a shame there are no phone booths anymore, that would be the perfect venue.

13 Likes

Good fecking luck, Kobach

It would be the shortest cage match in history… and with any luck at all neither would come out alive.

3 Likes

Who does the bastard think he is? A rock star? He did an absolutely atrocious job with the voter fraud commission, he got laughed out of court because of sheer incompetence in a number of cases as KS Secretary of State and managed to lose as a republican in the gubernatorial election.

Only Trump would offer this man a job, and only Kobach would have the offer rescinded because of being too demanding.

15 Likes

Better imagery would be one of those child cages down by the border…

10 Likes

Has the “C’mon, you KNOW I was kidding” tweet come out yet?? From either Kobach OR the White House?

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available