Discussion: Kobach Will Consider Being Immigration Czar...But Only If His Conditions Are Met

Well, yeah.

But with patronage jobs aren’t you supposed to STFU and be happy you’re getting a job?

1 Like

And bendy straws!

7 Likes

It also ought to include the remedial lawyering that he was ordered to attend by a federal judge.

5 Likes

That’s snark, right? /s

If he’s appointed, I don’t think he’ll last long. It looks like he plans to be in front of the camera a lot, and Trump will not tolerate someone stealing the spotlight. He’ll do much damage while he’s there though. I don’t think Miller will like being co-opted either.

2 Likes

See, THIS is the problem. Sure, it’s bad, very bad, for the country and the economy and the global community to have such a fucking idiot in the White House. But it’s Trumps’s weaknesses and straight up neediness that scares the hell out of me. With all his pathologies on parade, he both attracts and is prey to the manipulation and flattery of every vile, evil player in every arena. So a Steven Miller runs free, and a Kris Kobach actually has a shot. JHC, Bolton’s going to start a war while everyone’s responding to/ignoring the tweet storms. The stock market is jittery and for good reason. Putin is playing the long game, just has to wait for all our instability and uncertainty to weaken the strongest economy and democracy in the world. No question there’s a special place in history for 45 and all who enabled him or looked the other way, yes, but meanwhile I worry that the widening debris field may overtake us.

10 Likes

“Can my people wear armbands?”

7 Likes

12. Two scoops of ice cream.

2 Likes

No. It’s screenshots of the New York Times Tierney posted on Twitter.

ETA Oops. His demands are so over the top that I missed your “/s”.

3 Likes

I actually hope they do hire Kobach. He’s so hilariously incompetent that it’s likely he’ll be stopped by court injunctions from day 1.

5 Likes

Kobach is a foolish and dangerous man.

1 Like

Kansas, we’re sorry for all the Wizard of Oz jokes…

Please take him back…

8 Likes

It’s not like his prospective boss takes any (all) weekends off.

ETA. Hell, he barely does anything Monday thru Friday.

1 Like

Rusty straight razors.

2 Likes

Rarely do you see the cost of one’s soul written down in plain English…well…if Kobach had a soul.

4 Likes
  1. A Unicorn
2 Likes

Hitters with your batting average aren’t worth much in free agency, chump. Take the one year, two-way, provisional contract and shut up.

4 Likes

At least he didn’t ask for a pony. You all know he lives in a barn. True story. He really lives in what his building permit calls a barn.

4 Likes

pony keg

1 Like

How about if we all click our heels together and chant “There’s no place like home”?

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available