Discussion: Giuliani Walks Back Remarks On Trump-Cohen Moscow Project Talks

@pol My thought, too. Giuliani’s job may be to distract and sow confusion. The media is talking about crazy Guiliani, trying to figure out what’s going on with this nutjob of a lawyer rather than speaking about Trump’s daily atrocities.

Making sure Deripaska gets his money but Federal employees nada.

2 Likes

Holy shitz. Dafuq?

But wait, there’s more.

4 Likes

Read this. I am not sure what Rudy is up to here but this was a weird interview -really weird.

1 Like

I am telling you that their investigation is so ridiculous that, even if he did do it, it wouldn’t be a crime.

And I think the whole reason they are misinterpreting what I said and a few other things is that they don’t want to deal with the real ramifications of the BuzzFeed story, which is, how bad has our media become, that they can publish something like that about the President of the United States that is totally untrue and leads to one day of saying he should be impeached, by Democrats and Hollywood.

He’s Trump with a (slightly) better vocabulary.

4 Likes

A Giuliani quote from the New Yorker article:
“That’s an insane question you just asked me. I am not saying that he did it. I just told you he didn’t do it. I am telling you that their investigation is so ridiculous that, even if he did do it, it wouldn’t be a crime.”
What the hell? Did he take a course in non-sequitorial drivel in law school?

4 Likes

But surely, if they are "perplexed/befuddled/frustrated by Rudy’s statements and objectives, how can they be otherwise with respect to Trump? Well, let’s assume the obvious. These two have an understanding and Trump approves.

It’s like two inmates of an insane asylum that have become very close to one another. They both babble at each other in a strange dialect using seemingly random grunts clicks, barks and other diverse noises and gestures and though no one else can fathom what they are talking about, in some ineffable way the two communicate effortlessly with each other.

1 Like

5 Likes

Marcy Wheeler has some thoughts.

Geebus!! The gift that keeps on giving! “No tapes! No tapes! You’re the tape!”

And some NY’ers thought he’d make a good mayor? Well maybe he wasn’t quite as senile then.

When you step forward and then walk back over and over like Rudy, It’s called the Cha Cha. His Conga line has no one behind him.

1 Like

Rudy, I am increasingly convinced, is playing a long game. He’s trying to get Trump to throw someone under the bus to take the fall for the #trumprussia scandal. Manafort is one of them, but there are a few more needed. He wants to ‘build a wall’ around impeachment by harassing the SCO, riling up the base and keeping GOPers in Congress in line as impeachment protection. Ultimately, he wants to buy Trump enough time to recover from the Mueller probe to contest in the 2020 election.

4 Likes

Clips of him played all day yesterday on TV. The man is a buffoon, a comic factotum who serves his master Don Trumpo. We just groaned a lot.

1 Like

4 Likes

I think Rudy likes the limelight and he’ll do anything to stay on stage.

2 Likes

In the end they’ll at least name a beverage after him. Similar to a moscow mule, but served in a cheap dixie cup and called Moscow’s Bitch.

— Heather Nowak (@Hrxnowak) January 16, 2019
1 Like

Hey, I AmJur’ed that class!

ETA: – oh look another quote:

I’m a criminal lawyer.

Truth!

“I go back so far, I’m ahead of myself.” — Paul McCartney

1 Like

At what point do Rudy’s obvious lies become treated as the flat out attempts at obstruction that they are?

I suppose if he let the lies linger for days or weeks a case could be made they steer investigators astray or confuse their efforts. However, since he is almost correcting himself in the same breath these days whatever “obstruction” someone might allege is a weakened accusation.

“What, you were obstructed for about ten minutes. Get over it.”

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available