Discussion: Giuliani Walks Back Remarks On Trump-Cohen Moscow Project Talks

Protecting the SCO investigation, then, by creating a distinction without a difference.

2 Likes

There once was a young man named Bright.
Whose speed was much faster than light.
He left the next day in a relative way,
And returned the previous night.

15 Likes

“Did I say Moscow? I meant to say Glasgow.”

6 Likes

Aye. An’ I dinna think none the better o’ ye fur it laddie.

5 Likes

Yeah I thought I got banned.

4 Likes

I didn’t see any of this today, but I now am getting a clearer picture…Rudy skull-grinning, foaming, spitting, scuffling, shuffling, his arthritic knees locking whilst trying to keep a boner and holding a dog.

2 Likes

Because, of course. Nice going Senate republicans.

12 Likes

You forgot the pinkie ring.

1 Like

3 Likes

This guy is one strange strange lawyer

2 Likes

Doh!

I know this has been observed by others, but I don’t see it mentioned in this thread. Rudy’s phrase ”Our answers cover until the election” are a tell. Rudy is speaking of answers to questions by Mueller. He just confirmed Trump is refusing to cooperate and answer questions regarding anything that happened after Nov 8, 2016. Likely through a claim of executive privilege. A claim I see no evidence we know of that Mueller has contested, although he might have or will at some time. I think out of view the relationship between Trump and Mueller is very testy so far as the level of Trump’s cooperation. He is probably considered a hostile witness by the OSC, and very much acts the part.

6 Likes

In a word, he’s a buffoon.

English

Etymology

From Middle French bouffon, from Italian buffone (“jester”), from buffare (“to puff out the cheeks”), of unknown origin. Compare Middle High German buffen (“to puff”; > German büffen), Old English pyffan (“to breathe out, blow with the mouth”). More at English puff.

Noun

buffoon (plural buffoons)

One who acts in a silly or ridiculous fashion; a clown or fool.
(derogatory) An unintentionally ridiculous person.

Usage notes

In the United States the term is used most commonly to describe inappropriate, clownish figures on the public stage; here the behavior of a variety of public figures have caused them to be described as buffoons by their political opponents. [My emphasis]

3 Likes

The Overton Strategy.

Interestingly, folks here and elsewhere have been making analogous arguments about why Mueller made his unprecedented correction on Friday: he’s trying to prevent any part of his narrative from slipping out ahead of time, to deny Trump the opportunity to make it palatable piecemeal.

Neither side is approaching this head-on, arguing on the merits. Both sides are treating the truth like bombs: Trump wants to slowly dismantle and defuse it, and Mueller wants to deliver it to its target.

If only there were cool memes for “truth bomb.”

4 Likes

Simplified: “my statements were not meant to be taken as factual”

5 Likes

I like Kevin Drum’s interpretation of Rudy. His job, according to Kevin, Is to sew confusion.
https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2019/01/rudy-giuliani-explained/

6 Likes

He was an asshole, but not nearly such an extravagant idiot as he seems to be now. This is yet another example of Trump’s super power: to identify people, not necessarily (or at all) good people, but people with substantial careers behind them, people with a modicum of stature, and sometimes gravitas, people you would never suspect would lower themselves to this sort of stuff. He drags them into it and they seem to go willingly, making idiots of themselves in his service, and eventually leaving in disgrace. It’s quite remarkable.

3 Likes

They yanked his chain because he attempted to blame the attorneys for sending Cohen in to lie to congress rather than the dotard himself.

1 Like

Trump has insisted there would be nothing wrong with him working on—and failing to fully disclose—a major development project in Russia at the same time that the country was covertly working to elect him as president.

Um excuse me, but there would be something seriously wrong with secretly negotiating a huge personal payout from a hostile government while lying about it.

4 Likes

The more I ponder Rudy’s behavior the more I am inclined to call him a whore - but that is unkind to whores.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available