Discussion: Border Agent Called Immigrants 'Subhuman Sh*t,' Almost Ran One Over

In fact, as an officer of the court, the lawyer should be required to name every other agent he suspects of gross negligence and dereliction of duty. (Yeah, right)

The Border Patrol are hunters who hunt people.

1 Like

Ours too, for that reason and others.

That’s a feature, not a bug.

Trump wants to hurt people as a deterrence to others.

1 Like

So, CBP agents might be a greater threat to their communities than immigrants are. It might be useful for Dems to have numbers in hand to show that, if it is true.

Imagine a Dem being interviewed about a large budget increase for agents and other border security efforts: “border security is very important, which is why we don’t want to hand a bunch of money over to the Trumpp administration when it is doing such an incompetent job with the money it has. Trumpp’s DHS, as we have seen, can’t do the simplest things correctly. They are so bad at screening new hires that we now have a situation where the CBP agents are a far greater danger to their communities than are the people crossing the border illegally.”

1 Like

If you live in a border area, you know that arrests of Border Patrol people for a variety of corrupt activities are a regular feature of local news.

2 Likes

FIFY.

If we didn’t pay them a pittance, they wouldn’t be so tempted by piles of cash waived by drug traffickers to look the other way.

1 Like

Imagine what the immigrants call him.

1 Like

"disgusting subhuman shit unworthy of being kindling for a fire”

Was he looking in a mirror when he texted this?

I have higher standards for people who are issued a weapon and given the authority of a law enforcement officer. If we have to outbid drug runners for the loyalty of an officer, the problem is the officer, not the bid.

If you want quality people, it costs money. You get what you pay for. And we do.

1 Like

Exactly. Is never an issue of how much money a person has, he can be a millionaire and still do all kinds of corrupt things (See Donald Trump). It’s all about greed, you can pay the CBP officer 200K, if the man is greedy he will still take the 5K per event that drug runners offer him.

Our local paper The Arizona Daily Star ran a story on this yesterday…

I suppose this fits right in with trump’s concepts of this folks from south of the border.

Tens of millions of people are working hard for less, and managing to do it without breaking an oath and the law.

1 Like

Let’s have this discussion when we actually pay CBP officers anywhere near that.

Until then, it’s not a legit comparison point to make.

If you did pay that well, then you’d get a lot higher-qualified candidates.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone disagrees with you on that point. We just don’t believe that a pay increase that is within reason is going to go very far to fix the problems with CBP agents as a whole.

Again, we have a supposedly Wharton School graduate billionaire in the White House. And he cannot avoid doing all kinds of petty acts of corruption like list price billing for the SS agents in his clubs, or encouraging foreign visitor to stay at his hotels. Again my conviction is that corruption has nothing to do with training and education, much less wealth. It’s about integrity.

U.S. Border Patrol Agent Matthew Bowen is an example of why the Border Patrol enjoys the reputation is has…which is not a good one.

1 Like

In trump’s world integrity would get you fired.
Unfortunately I am all too familiar with the subject of integrity. Years ago my honesty cost me a very good job and it took 4 months to get employed again. I had been employed in a large medical school. Luckily I got hired on in a different department in that same University’s medical school. And my reputation for calling it as I saw it followed me. Which as it turned out was not a bad thing in the long run. The original boss I had was, shall we say, not the best. He was sent to Phoenix to work on the medical school’s secondary campus. Sort of a sideways move to remove any conflict.

1 Like

About the only thing keeping him from being a war criminal is that Trump hasn’t declared a shooting war on immigrants…yet.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available