Discussion: Border Agent Called Immigrants 'Subhuman Sh*t,' Almost Ran One Over

Thank you for the read. I had not been aware of this.

America’s finest, eh?

2 Likes

“That his sentiments are “commonplace throughout the Border Patrol’s Tucson Sector” and “part of the agency’s culture,” per his attorney, Sean Chapman.”

They are who we think they are.

6 Likes

‘ That his sentiments are “commonplace throughout the Border Patrol’s Tucson Sector” and “part of the agency’s culture,”’

I guess this is what they mean when they talk about White culture. Thank God we have right-wingers to preserve the grand traditions of Western Civilization!

1 Like

While I am sure there are highly trained, skilled Border Patrol agents, the basic requirements are pretty slim. There are a lot of ‘head banger’ law enforcement types who could gravitate to the Border Patrol.

U.S. Border Patrol Requirements
You must be a US citizen with a valid driver’s license
You must pass a drug test
You cannot be a convicted criminal
You must pass the CBP Border Patrol entrance exam (see below)
Other medical and physical requirements

To qualify for the GL-5 level (border patrol agent trainee), you must have experience (either paid or voluntary) that demonstrates an ability to make decisions and maintain composure in potentially dangerous situations. You must also be able to learn both on the job and through formal instruction.

3 Likes

Brownshirts.

3 Likes

Training and skill have nothing to with anything. It’s all about greed, that’s why you see former Navy Seals like Zinke, stealing everything that is not nailed. Generals like Flynn selling influence to whoever weants to pay, and CEOs with all kinds of advanced degrees defrauding investors.

2 Likes

Yes and what happened to the Get Rid of ICE movement that some on the left were so worried was too radical? They should be disbanded totally.

2 Likes

Sounds like we need to add Abolish CBP to Abolish ICE.

1 Like

He seems nice.

(Just kidding.)

Time for an investigation including some sting operations by the FBI. Call it spying.
Time for a talk about American values from some actual leaders.

1 Like

Trump is making the whole government rife with corruption. If it’s okay at the upper levels then it’s okay at the bottom as well.

Gonna take a while to clean up this break in the sewer system.

2 Likes

These sentiments are comonplace throughout the GOP.

8 Likes

Matthew Bowen sounds like a good Republican. Donnie small Hands and the gang must be proud of their foot soldier. I expect a presidential pardon, and an appearance behind Donnie small Hands at one of his hate rallies.

2 Likes

In other news, the sun rose in the East this morning, and is scheduled to set in the West.

1 Like

It’s OT, but bloody brilliant, and applicable today.

3 Likes

Fallon is off limits in our household.

3 Likes

And they keep dying while in custody! Shameful cruelty.

2 Likes

“commonplace throughout the Border Patrol’s Tucson Sector” and “part of the agency’s culture,”

Well, no surprise there. Thing is, the “everyone he works with is a racist asshole too” doesn’t seem like a very well thought out legal defense.

3 Likes

When people are dehumanized, then it’s much easier to treat them inhumanely. I live in the Tucson sector, and I have met some decent CBP agents- some are parents of students I teach. But if the organization lacks leadership that respects human life and dignity then there are plenty of examples (not just Nazi Germany) that are there to show us what the potential effects will be… and they’re not good.

2 Likes

It’s also worth mentioning that the Border Patrol is the agency that isn’t held to the “probable cause” standard within 100 miles of the border.

So, the most corrupt enforcers get to ignore protections guaranteed by the Constitution.

2 Likes

Either a new RNC head or cabinet official in the making:you decide!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available