Discussion: Border Agent Called Immigrants 'Subhuman Sh*t,' Almost Ran One Over

My unexpert view is that good training is indicative of good culture and good management. Good training doesn’t make somebody less corrupt, but it is part of an environment where corruption doesn’t easily take root.

1 Like

Which is cause and which is effect?

2 Likes

Projecting just like his hero in the Whitehouse. MAGA.

1 Like

Somewhere up the chain, his ancestors were the same ‘subhuman’ sh…, which makes him one as well! But then idiots like him have no brain power to think that logically - after all he very likely is a Trump worshiper and so you cannot expect anything better from this piece of garbage and others like him in the ‘agency’!

I lived in the El Paso Sector for 27 years. We heard it on the local news once or twice a month. As my barber was fond of saying, “Money talks and bullshit walks.” CBP uniformed personnel are not particularly well-paid, and the folks who want to bring contraband across the border are very well-funded.

They are also experts at harassment. I was westbound on I-10 from Las Cruces to Deming with a friend who is fluent in Spanish. My Spanish always needs assistance, so we were speaking Spanish. We didn’t think to switch to English (or just STFU) when we got to the checkpoint. He’d rolled the driver’s side window down early, and John Q. Law heard us speaking Spanish. He didn’t take our word for it when we said we are both US citizens (we are). We got out our D/Ls and handed them to him. He looked them over and pulled us out of line to park while he checked us out. (We are both as Bunny Bread white bread as it gets.) He kept us there for 10 minutes and let us go when our D/Ls checked out with the DMV. I figured he was going to search the car, but he didn’t bother.

1 Like

The Peter Principle in action. This one sounds like a lateral arabesque…

1 Like

the shirts are green I think.

I have lived near the border for 50 years. I have been pulled over and asked “Why’d you go to Mexico son?” My reply was “I like the food at the Caverns restaurant (in Nogales). D’you have a problem with that?” (I can get cheeky)… that got a smile.

2 Likes

And we wonder why so many children are dying in Border Patrol and ICE custody?

1 Like

Bowen’s lawyer’s response to these disturbing messages? That his sentiments are “commonplace throughout the Border Patrol’s Tucson Sector” and “part of the agency’s culture,” per his attorney, Sean Chapman.

Oh, well, then, carry on…

I didn’t know the grade-school defense known as “everyone else gets to” worked in courts of law. I’ll try that if I ever get busted.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available