Democrats Pass $1.9 Trillion COVID Relief Plan In Biden’s First Major Legislative Success

This is a̶ b̶̶i̶̶g̶…HUGE fucking deal !

19 Likes

Like “don’t do so much heroin” or “stop voting for effing Susan Collins”.

7 Likes

The GOP voted against it. But, in a couple of months, when the economy gets boosted and nationwide vaccination is well on it’s way to completion, by the time the GOP congressperson and Senators get through their town halls, they’ll all claim that it could have been double the appropriation if the Dems had not been so stingy.

30 Likes

Wonder why the Rethugs in Congress don’t have any constituents in need of a little money. Guess they all caught Covid and died, only Dems in need remain.

3 Likes

It’s useful now that no GQPer voted for this bill. It means all of them oppose helping schools open safely and fast, don’t want better and quicker vaccination, and oppose financially helping those harmed by the pandemic.

The GQP will be constantly reminded of this in 2022 and 2024.

14 Likes

That’s why the messaging starting right now is SO important.

Not just that the Repubs voted against it…but WHY they voted against it, like “the debt is too big, wah!!!”

19 Likes

To me that is a cop out. No changes could be made to the bill therefore printing should have been able to be completed within moments of passage. Technology has been around long enough to be able to put the final touches, such as passage counts then hit print. I know for a fact that the Congressional Printing Office has the latest tech as I was on teams on more than one occasion making the software changes required for CPO printing equipment purchases. Even in days of typesetting, presses could be set to run within minutes of vote count announcements, as just one example.

2 Likes

In 2022, GOP senators and reps will all claim they voted for this, or at least claim they provided constituents with its benefits.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry. Hope things turn around for you very soon.

10 Likes

This is really great news. Happy for President Biden and the Democrats in Congress who made it happen. Pretty awesome to make campaign promises and then be able to deliver on them. And not just weird campaign promises like building a wall… Actual stuff that’s going to help people

11 Likes

I’m sorry for your hardship. I’m sure you’ve tried everything but I hope there are options available for help especially with your cancer treatment and drugs.

10 Likes

Pepe LePew and plastic Potato Heads would like to have a word.

5 Likes

The insipid Royal Family.

1 Like

Of course. Those fuckers are very well paid.

Big round of applause for the Dems on this one. This is probably the single best bill of any significant size to get passed in my living memory. A monumental achievement.

Special shout out to the R’s for being so wrapped up fighting direct checks (which were the most popular item and thus a battle they were never going to truly win) that they let all this other wonderful stuff through unchecked.

11 Likes

Merrick just got 70 votes in the Senate to be CONFIRMED AS AG!!!

29 Likes

I’m very sorry. Is there a charity near you that can help? Medicaid for the medical issues?

2 Likes

BOO-YAA!
I wonder if the Republicans will stop masturbating long enough to realize that they roofied themselves. People are paying attention to this.

I gauge general public awareness by what my daughter and son-in-law say to me. They both work and are raising 6 kids so they have minimal time to follow politics closely. But when Ron Johnson made the entire bill be read in the Senate, my daughter texted me and asked “If I knew what that asshole was doing”? It cracked me up and also let me know that people who need the money are watching.

This just feels so damned good. On to the filibuster!

16 Likes

More good news

25 Likes

EVERY MATTRESS MUST HAVE A PEA!!!

9 Likes