Cuomo Reminds McConnell That KY Takes More Money Than NY: ‘Who’s Getting Bailed Out Here?’

27 Likes

So OT but important. From SF Chronicle. It’s clear that Captain Crozier has been exonerated for sounding the alarm.

A total of 840 sailors from the Theodore Roosevelt aircraft carrier have tested positive for the coronavirus, the Navy said Thursday. The entire crew has been tested, with almost 4,100 negative results and 88 recovered. More than 4,200 sailors have been moved off the ship. Two more sailors were released from U.S. Naval Hospital Guam and four remained hospitalized. The Navy’s response to the outbreak on board became a national story after The Chronicle obtained a letter the ship’s former captain sent to superiors pleading for help. The captain, Santa Rosa native Brett Crozier, was later fired and the interim Navy secretary resigned after making critical comments about the captain to the ship’s crew.

@skeptical

26 Likes

I’ve often said to friends in suburban Atlanta that if it wasn’t for us they would have the Chattahoochee river run through their backyard and basement and their kids in a decrepit one room schoolhouse.

7 Likes

It’s not the money they get from the federal government that gives them influence, it’s the weight the constitution gives to states with smaller populations relative to those with larger.

23 Likes

:cry:

4 Likes

O no.

damn

4 Likes

“Grim Reaper Senator McConnell”, AKA Senator Death, AKA Moscow Mitch wants you dead, not alive. He is just plain evil.

Just saying.

10 Likes

I thought I saw a story the other day that indicated that he might be reinstated.

I always did think this was going to be the result of that tragedy and it’s sickening.

8 Likes

It usually comes off as chauvinistic to remind people that wealthy, educated voters live in these states, and it’s wealth that contributes to paying high taxes. Here, it’s Silicon Valley and all the techies. In Southern Cal it’s the film industry. In the Napa Valley and elsewhere wine producers. Well, I guess I’m the chauvinist I’m referring to. :laughing:

7 Likes

Who’s Getting Bailed Out Here?

Oh Oh pick me I know who, I know who!

4 Likes

Extremely OT: Scofflawism.

Wherein Jim “hacks a lougie!“

19 Likes

Chez blue we’ve been debating whether he should even think of accepting a reinstatement. He was in line to be an admiral, so that’ll be a consideration.

10 Likes

I hadn’t actually thought about it that much. I hope Biden gives him a medal, whether he goes back into the navy or not.

11 Likes

Well, yes…but do you know the value of a guy with a pick-up truck in a big city?

They become everyone’s best friend when moving into a new apartment!

17 Likes

Jordan is a man. Yes a biiiig man. I’d like to meet him in an alley sometime and ask him for some tips on manliness.

2 Likes

One of the joys of driving around West Virginia, for this New Yorker, is enjoying the magnificent and virtually empty highways that my tax dollars have paid for. Viaducts, flyovers, beautiful gradients–it’s all there.

15 Likes

Several days ago, I think more than a couple of us emailed to ask if this site could possibly include anything about Biden, the upcoming election, nothing. Today, one small little ray of hope. It makes no sense to me to keep pounding the same nonsense about tRump and what a lying dysfunctional idiot he is, we all know that. Give us some hope!

10 Likes

Though that’s a slightly good idea, it wouldn’t pass, because the ‘doughfaces’ in the Senate would join with Republicans in blocking it.

4 Likes

Slender woman, great heart.

30 Likes

As a New Yorker I was always ok with some of my tax dollars going to Kentucky to fund Black lung disease pensions and the Nuclear workers because their work benefited us as well as the nation. With McConnells attitude now I have to have to get resentful and spiteful about it so now it’s not in his nor his constituents best interest.

As a reminder defeating McConnell this fall also means removing his Madam Nhu like wife from her position as Transportation secretary where she uses her position like an old ward healer to funnel transportation projects to his home state. It’s always infrastructure week in the McConnell household!

19 Likes