Cuomo Reminds McConnell That KY Takes More Money Than NY: ‘Who’s Getting Bailed Out Here?’

Or as they say in Moscow: Чья бы корова мычала, а твоя бы молчала.

2 Likes

Reminder

11 Likes

Republicans and truth are not TOTAL strangers, but they have at most a distant and passing relationship.

6 Likes

What about the maskless, coughing Gym Jordan?

5 Likes

Chris Hayes was right when he said the other night that Cuomo is aggressive and abrasive and that can be unlikeable and difficult to deal with in normal times, but in times like these, in a state like New York, it is exactly what is needed to cut through the crap and provide effective leadership.

26 Likes

Democrats could’ve been making this argument back in the 90s. It shouldn’t take an existential crisis to point out that a Republic in which one side takes from and simultaneously disrespects the other side can’t survive. Our Republic is broken. Thousands of people are dying because of political paralysis and intransigence. They’re dying because the GOP got away for years with demonizing half of Americans. Trump just took it to 11.

There are days when I think we need a fundamental restructuring of the Republic. I’d start with all big blue states keeping all money remitted in federal taxes by their residents as a clearinghouse and then say Sacramento or Albany remits the Fed gov’t its share, but only after all those Red States commit to raising a minimum level of revenue and to have a guaranteed minimum spend on their populations for public services. If they don’t want to do that, then let’s evolve to an EU model.

29 Likes
13 Likes

The Trump administration and their pals are a bottomless pit of corruption and grift.

12 Likes

I’d give almost anything to see Cuomo fly down to Kentucky, walk up to McConnell and plant a haymaker right in his face.

10 Likes

Join us in 14 days

7 Likes

Would that the Executive wear a mask at his daily wingdings so we’d be unable to hear less of what he says.

10 Likes

question for mitch and other taker state smart asses:

guess it’s not a “bail out” if you are a continuous leech?

10 Likes

28 Likes

OK, the average American in any state in the union is a comfort-loving, inconvenience-hating suburbanite couch potato who’ll block traffic in the parking lot for 8 or 10 minutes waiting for you to exit your parking space during a light drizzle if it’s 50 feet closer to the entrance to the mall than that empty spot right over there. And you’re saying they’d go to literal war with other states for any or all of those things, all of which they already enjoy? That doesn’t seem plausible to me.

26 Likes

Personal experience? Accepted too-- right?

3 Likes

She has the Power.

22 Likes

In my prayers.

2 Likes

I’m glad it seems to be improving and moving over to DemocraticWorld from trumPP and rightwing worlds

4 Likes
33 Likes

Is what I am currently hoping possible? That’s quite a bit of coughing there.

2 Likes