California Bar Says It’s Not Buying Eastman’s Rationale For Delay, Citing Recent Interviews

For your quivers…

22 Likes

Not a lawyer, but I can’t come to the bar hearing because I’m about to get indicted doesn’t seem like the best defense to allegations of ethics violations.

24 Likes

Eastman really can’t use the indictment excuse, because Jack Smith probably won’t indict him until AFTER TFG is convicted. He’s giving the unindicted co-conspirators all the time in the world to sign a plea agreement to avoid a decade or two in jail.

5 Likes

Pretty obvious Eastman tried to use the legal advice he got from Trump.

2 Likes

Smith knows that as they watch evidence of the plot being discussed in connection with their names it may become important for them to do what it takes to limit the number of holidays they spend behind bars.

3 Likes

I bet if you made any Republican state legislator read this they’d just shrug. :sob:

2 Likes

Unlke the FOP’s, which are actually nothing more than a (gasp!) unions, bar associations and medical boards are sanctioned and charged under law with disciplining their professions. You might think they would behave differently, but there’s a lot of evidence of their reluctance in that regard.

1 Like

Puppies! Just wait til that pup gets bigger. Unless those cats have learned him a lesson, of course.

I’d like to see Eastman between two rocks alright.

1 Like

Cnn says trump team expects indictment “imminently”. I wondefr if that’s like the “imminent” we heard from Ms Willis in January.

2 Likes

I am beginning to fear that the “everything” includes the United States as a free country.

7 Likes

I was recently reading a biography of William Shakespeare in which the author said that a particular bit of testimony taken in a civil trial could be taken as strong evidence of its truth because it was made under oath, and in Elizabethan England, lying, under oath or not, was considered a sin above almost anything else. It made me wonder if we really have made any progress as a civilization in the last 400+ years, or just moved sideways.

4 Likes

I don’t know that it’s bullshit ability so much as the ability to play both victim and aggressor at the same time.

5 Likes

It’s the most important election in your lifetime. Mine too for that matter

3 Likes

Yes, but very little has happened to the dozens of doctors who pushed quack remedies during the pandemic.

IMO, they endangered the health and even lives of their patients and anyone the patients were in proximity to. At a minimum, their licenses should be revoked, and they should be prosecuted if real damage resulted from their actions.

2 Likes

The bar is lower but is the actual practice of the Bar such that it actually removes the license of those lawyer in California that regularly and routinely violate laws?

Especially on a tool like Eastman.

1 Like

My stock boilerplate response–

Fuck that guy.™

– with which, I reserve the right to whip out, at any time, I feel a need for a cathartic, but mindless reply.
Which may be quite often this next year or so. Anything else is likely a waste of keystrokes. So get used to it.

Thanks, The Management

1 Like

You’re not alone there.

1 Like

I give this schmuck equal chance as Puddin Fingers to have the other party grant mercy. All these neo fascists are pathetic like the kid who committed double parental murder then cried to the judge for leniency because they’re an orphan.

2 Likes

There’s reason for hope, I also believe.

Our sensationalist media is predictably obsessing on the dire disasters coming from AI, as a current example. There’s another side to it.

The Great Library at Alexandria was a phenomenal achievement of mankind. The world’s knowledge compiled in a central place. The thing was you had to get there. Then, you had to know how to read. Then, you had to read all that stuff. Then, maybe, just maybe, the stuff would have the answer you were looking for.

Now? With the Internet, the knowledge of the globe, the knowledge of history, is available worldwide. Translated. And with rapid AI and large data analysis …?

Are we capable of imagining the good that’s possible?   : - )

1 Like