Biden Unlikely To Announce VP Pick Until Second Week Of August | Talking Points Memo

JFC. Which authoritarian has he not tried to get to help him win in November?

16 Likes

Fine. Whatever. Go find some real news, eh?

The dachshunds say hi. Or actually ā€œaroooo!ā€

10 Likes

Especially when you consider thereā€™s seemingly not-one-thing in any of those half-dozen potential-VPā€™s closets.

3 Likes

Yup, which cost HW Bushā€¦nothing.

2 Likes

I donā€™t see Harris as a shoe-in. And I welcome the debate and information on the several women who seem to be in the running.

8 Likes

Certain type of GOP voice. Would never put a witch-doctor image on Facebook, thatā€™s too tacky, but too bitter and propagandized to let the Obama hate go.

12 Likes

A: No

19 Likes

ā™« Fighting vainly the old ennui ā™«
ā€”Cole Porter/Ethel Merman

5 Likes

If all along they werenā€™t going with Harris, it would have been disappointing for her supporters, as it would be for any of the candidates who have built constituencies. But itā€™s Bidenā€™s decision, they likely would have made it through after a few days of discussion. But they erred egregiously when Dodd mouthed off via a donor, and yesterday in the NY Times piece, they stepped up the negativity from disparate quarters. Getting Ed Rendell to pitch in wonā€™t go down in history as a smooth move. Maybe the press will eventually get around to noticing that the Florida bundler John Morgan, who has held forth at length about the nuances of loyalty RE Harris, helps himself to the GOP trough when it suits him, and last I checked, he left the Democratic Party in 2017, on the heels of Trumpā€™s victory. So all in all, the situation has not been handled well. And Iā€™d think people have noticed that.

1 Like

Seems thereā€™s hints sheā€™s not as popular with the voters as she is with lots of us here. She never did get much traction in the primary season.

7 Likes

Havenā€™t heard about any hijinks from Djibouti lately

Djibouti President, Omar Guelleh.
image https://planetrulers.com/djibouti-president/

But take your pick of about 50.

7 Likes

And this is what I find to so interesting and fun. Each of the women that have had their names bandied about bring all kinds of talent and experience to job.

12 Likes

Do any of the leading candidates read all of them, any of them that have been in front of her all these years? Can she see Russia from her house?

3 Likes

15 Likes

Iā€™m thinking Tammy Duckworth. Although she would not be my first pick.

6 Likes

22 Likes

i am still burning from the travesty of the last Georgia governor election. donā€™t you think that Georgia voters would much rather have Stacy Abrams running the stateā€™s pandemic response? Kemp has fucked it up from the getgo.

22 Likes

Joe, Joe, Joeā€¦ Wait until the day Trump accepts his nomination in late August and then drop your announcement. Squash his media play.

10 Likes

37 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available